nmauthur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed the gcc-3.3.rpm4.tar.Z found at
>
> [url]ftp://ftp.thewrittenword.com/packages/by-name/gcc-3.3/i686-pc-linux-gnu/[/url]
>
> The installation went smooth. However, when I try to compile a C program (
> A basic Simple Interest Calculator program)
>
> I got the following error:
>
> /opt/TWWfsw/gcc33/i686-pc-Linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such
> file or directory
> Collect 2: ld returned 1 exit status.
crt1.o should come as part of the development package for glibc.
If you you want to compile some programm, you have to install both run
runtime and development rpm packages for any library , which is used by
that program. glibc ( as basic C-Library) is used by any user level
C-program.

--
Markus Kossmann [email]markus.kossmanninka.de[/email]