Professional Web Applications Themes

Getting HTML content from one Server and Saving it on another Server - ASP Database

Hi everyone, I'm incharge of updating the stats on a chl hockey teams Web Site. I would like to know if there is a way to be able to save the content of the CHL Statistics WebPage on our Server and using it to update our Microsoft Access 2000 database. If it possible, then I would take the content of that page. Execute some code that will take this information an place it in our database on our server. By doing this, our Team WebSite would be update automaticaly at a time that I specify on our server. At this ...

  1. #1

    Default Getting HTML content from one Server and Saving it on another Server

    Hi everyone,

    I'm incharge of updating the stats on a chl hockey teams Web Site. I
    would like to know if there is a way to be able to save
    the content of the CHL Statistics WebPage on our Server and using it
    to update our Microsoft Access 2000 database.

    If it possible, then I would take the content of that page. Execute
    some code that will take this information an place it in our
    database on our server. By doing this, our Team WebSite would be
    update automaticaly at a time that I specify on our server.

    At this time, I have to open the CHL Statistics WebPage. Then Save the
    HTML page as a txt file, upload it on our server via FTP, then execute
    my my code that places it in our database.

    Could you send your suggestions to [email]rene.aubegnb.ca[/email]?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank You in advance.

    Rene Aube
    Rene Aube Guest

  2. #2

    Rene Aube wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm incharge of updating the stats on a chl hockey teams Web Site. I
    > would like to know if there is a way to be able to save
    > the content of the CHL Statistics WebPage on our Server and using it
    > to update our Microsoft Access 2000 database.
    >
    > If it possible, then I would take the content of that page. Execute
    > some code that will take this information an place it in our
    > database on our server. By doing this, our Team WebSite would be
    > update automaticaly at a time that I specify on our server.
    >
    > At this time, I have to open the CHL Statistics WebPage. Then Save the
    > HTML page as a txt file, upload it on our server via FTP, then execute
    > my my code that places it in our database.
    >
    > Could you send your suggestions to [email]rene.aubegnb.ca[/email]?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank You in advance.
    >
    > Rene Aube
    There are many asp tutorials on the web that describe how to do this
    (asp101, learnasp, 4guysfromrolla, etc.). Basically you use a Form which you
    submit to either another web page or to itself. The receiving page use ADO
    to update the database, and sends a response back to the client.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows Guest

  3. #3

    Use MSXML2.ServerHTTP to send a request to the stats site and return the
    response as a string. Quickest way to get an example is to go to
    [url]www.aspfaq.com[/url] and search for "form post". Check the articles about
    simulating a form post on the server. I'd give you a specific article but
    the site is down at the moment. You can find similar examples at other ASP
    sites.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    "Rene Aube" <rene.aubegnb.ca> wrote in message
    news:2d3e9af6.0312230648.21b34279posting.google.c om...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm incharge of updating the stats on a chl hockey teams Web Site. I
    > would like to know if there is a way to be able to save
    > the content of the CHL Statistics WebPage on our Server and using it
    > to update our Microsoft Access 2000 database.
    >
    > If it possible, then I would take the content of that page. Execute
    > some code that will take this information an place it in our
    > database on our server. By doing this, our Team WebSite would be
    > update automaticaly at a time that I specify on our server.
    >
    > At this time, I have to open the CHL Statistics WebPage. Then Save the
    > HTML page as a txt file, upload it on our server via FTP, then execute
    > my my code that places it in our database.
    >
    > Could you send your suggestions to [email]rene.aubegnb.ca[/email]?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank You in advance.
    >
    > Rene Aube

    Mark Schupp Guest

  4. #4

    make that "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP"

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    "Mark Schupp" <mschuppielearning.com> wrote in message
    > Use MSXML2.ServerHTTP to send a request to the stats site and return the
    > response as a string. Quickest way to get an example is to go to
    > [url]www.aspfaq.com[/url] and search for "form post". Check the articles about
    > simulating a form post on the server. I'd give you a specific article but
    > the site is down at the moment. You can find similar examples at other ASP
    > sites.
    >
    > --
    > Mark Schupp
    > Head of Development
    > Integrity eLearning
    > [url]www.ielearning.com[/url]
    >

    > "Rene Aube" <rene.aubegnb.ca> wrote in message
    > news:2d3e9af6.0312230648.21b34279posting.google.c om...
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > I'm incharge of updating the stats on a chl hockey teams Web Site. I
    > > would like to know if there is a way to be able to save
    > > the content of the CHL Statistics WebPage on our Server and using it
    > > to update our Microsoft Access 2000 database.
    > >
    > > If it possible, then I would take the content of that page. Execute
    > > some code that will take this information an place it in our
    > > database on our server. By doing this, our Team WebSite would be
    > > update automaticaly at a time that I specify on our server.
    > >
    > > At this time, I have to open the CHL Statistics WebPage. Then Save the
    > > HTML page as a txt file, upload it on our server via FTP, then execute
    > > my my code that places it in our database.
    > >
    > > Could you send your suggestions to [email]rene.aubegnb.ca[/email]?
    > >
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank You in advance.
    > >
    > > Rene Aube

    Mark Schupp Guest