Professional Web Applications Themes

Getting rid of background - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi, I have a bunch of bitmaps I have to use for a Flash movie, but I only want the people, not what's behind them. I know I can crop out quite a bit & use the eraser tool, but isn't there a easier way to only get the actual person instead of going around them with the eraser tool (lots of room for error). Thanks -Sly-...

  1. #1

    Default Getting rid of background

    Hi,
    I have a bunch of bitmaps I have to use for a Flash movie, but I only want the people, not what's behind them. I know I can crop out quite a bit & use the eraser tool, but isn't there a easier way to only get the actual person instead of going around them with the eraser tool (lots of room for error).
    Thanks

    -Sly-
    Sly1211 Guest

  2. #2

    Hi, all. I'm so ignorant about image editing that I don't even know
    what to call what I'm trying to do:

    I have a photo of someone's head. Behind his head is blue sky, but on
    the left side of his head is a cypress tree. I want to take out the
    cypress tree between shoulder and neck and replace it with a background
    that matches the blue sky. I know I use the magic wand to select the
    cypress tree part, but then what?

    Thanks for any help and for patience with an aesthetically challenged
    newbie.
    --
    =====================================
    Bonnie in Sacramento

    kroko
    at
    sbcglobal.net

    Bonnie Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Getting rid of background

    Bonnie, show me the code.

    Just kidding.
    Don't you just Cut out the tree with CTRL+X or simply press Del to
    delete the tree?

    Coen

    Bonnie In Sacramento wrote:

    --

    Intensely,

    Coen Naninck

    "If you have a passion for what you do in life, life will become your
    passion!"
    _______________________________

    E-mail : Can be found at: http://members.home.nl/ccnk/mail
    ================================

    Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources:

    *** FREESTYLERMX ***

    http://freestylermx.net

    *** FIREWORKS DEVELOPER CENTER ***

    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks

    Coen Guest

  4. #4

    Check out the Pen Tool tutorial that Kim recently posted.
    http://www.communitymx.com/abstract.cfm?cid=A15CFD250F9D01EF

    You might want to use that to mask out the person's head.
    Put/Move the background onto a separate layers and make use of the rubber
    stamp to get rid of the cypress tree.

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "Bonnie In Sacramento" <net> wrote in message

    Sam Guest

  5. #5

    Bonnie In Sacramento wrote:

    The totorial on this page might be helpful:

    http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/fw/p_montage/index.htm

    Linda Rathgeber
    Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm
    Playing with Fire | http://www.playingwithfire.com
    Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | http://www.projectseven.com
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | www.macromedia.com/go/team

    Linda Guest

  6. #6

    Hi, all. I'm so ignorant about image editing that I don't even know
    what to call what I'm trying to do:

    I have a photo of someone's head. Behind his head is blue sky, but on
    the left side of his head is a cypress tree. I want to take out the
    cypress tree between shoulder and neck and replace it with a background
    that matches the blue sky. I know I use the magic wand to select the
    cypress tree part, but then what?

    Thanks for any help and for patience with an aesthetically challenged
    newbie.
    --
    =====================================
    Bonnie in Sacramento

    kroko
    at
    sbcglobal.net

    Sorry if this is double-posted--I sent it over three hours ago and have
    not seen it show up -- and I **am** posting from the newsgroup, using
    Thunderbird.

    Bonnie Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks, everybody, and sorry about the goofy threading! Don't know how
    I managed that!

    --
    Bonnie in Sacramento

    kroko