    Removed by Administrator
    Dan Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. #3

    Default Re: Getting rid of frames

    Okay I was thinking of putting the link bar, and the banner in the
    application.cfm, i know your not supposed to but html in the application.cfm,
    but if someone can give me a good reason not to in this case, or even better an
    alternative, id like to hear it. Thanks Dan.

    kenji776 Guest

  5. #5

    Haha, thats pretty blunt. I think what I might do is take your one idea about
    doing the include for each page, and make that have my linkbar. Does anyone
    know why your not supposed to html in application.cfm, im just curious. Thanks
    again man.

    kenji776 Guest

  6. #6

    Putting html in your application.cfm means that you have to put your opening
    html and body tags there, and the closing tags in every other template. While
    it will probably work, it increases the liklihood of ing up.

    Dan Guest

  7. #7

    Rather than put your closing tags in every template, you could place it in OnRequestEnd.cfm, which will always run after a page is loaded.
    jdeline Guest

  8. #8

    Okay, so the main problem is that I would have to go to every page and delete
    the html, head, title, and such, and put that all in the application.cfm huh?
    Okay, its starting to look like every page is just gonna have am include at the
    top. Hmm there has to be a more efficient way to do this. I guess I could do a
    using dreamweaver, but then im left with any messy remnents of the title, and
    anything that was supposed to be in the head area. Crap, why did I ever use
    frames in the first place, how stupid of me....

    kenji776 Guest

  9. #9

    Only if you want those tags to be part of your application.cfm or the template
    you include. By the way, like everything else, frames work well in some
    situations and poorly in others. What made you start to dislike them?

  10. #10

    I don't really like frames anymore because many of my pages don't fit well in
    them, and I hate how they make multiple scrollbars, and they confuse the users,
    and they are ugly, and also google doesn't index frames, and such. I dunno they
    just make the site look kinda crappy, and they are not very professional. No
    good site that I know of uses frames like i do, and i don't like my site very
    much.

    kenji776 Guest