Professional Web Applications Themes

getting started - ASP.NET

Hi Group, One of these days two packages of FileMakerPro will be delivered at our small company. I am to build a database, bit by bit, but since I have only little experience in building databases (Access), I could use your assists very well... Just to get started on the right side: how should I get started: we have loads of information wich will be converted from another database into FMP (by someone else), but what should I read before starting the conversion? Is it easy to change the structure of the FM database, while te data in it doesn't ...

  1. #1

    Default Getting started

    Hi Group,

    One of these days two packages of FileMakerPro will be delivered at our
    small company. I am to build a database, bit by bit, but since I have only
    little experience in building databases (Access), I could use your assists
    very well...

    Just to get started on the right side: how should I get started: we have
    loads of information wich will be converted from another database into FMP
    (by someone else), but what should I read before starting the conversion? Is
    it easy to change the structure of the FM database, while te data in it
    doesn't get hurt?

    So, mainly I am looking for a point to start my orientation. Also because
    the issues wich are delt with in this group, are far to specific for me. But
    it's the first connection I could think of...

    Thanks,

    Timon de Jonge

    Timon, Enzowoord Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Getting started

    There are some great books available on Amazon.com, if not in your local
    bookstore. One good one is "Using FileMaker Pro 5", by Rich Coulombre.
    This covers the topics of planning and building in a very nice way.
    Another book, "Advanced FileMaker Pro 5.5 Techniques for Developers" (by
    Chris Moyer and Bob Bowers) does a nice job of covering relational
    theory as it applies to FileMaker, in addition to some other advanced
    FMP techniques.

    Timon, Enzowoord wrote:
    > Hi Group,
    >
    > One of these days two packages of FileMakerPro will be delivered at our
    > small company. I am to build a database, bit by bit, but since I have only
    > little experience in building databases (Access), I could use your assists
    > very well...
    >
    > Just to get started on the right side: how should I get started: we have
    > loads of information wich will be converted from another database into FMP
    > (by someone else), but what should I read before starting the conversion? Is
    > it easy to change the structure of the FM database, while te data in it
    > doesn't get hurt?
    >
    > So, mainly I am looking for a point to start my orientation. Also because
    > the issues wich are delt with in this group, are far to specific for me. But
    > it's the first connection I could think of...
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Timon de Jonge

    Howard Schlossberg (818) 883-2846
    FM Pro Solutions Los Angeles, California

    Howard Schlossberg Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you both for your advise. It's a nice thought to know there are so
    many people willing to share their knowlegde and experiences here...

    Kind regards,

    Timon

    Timon de Jonge Guest

  4. #4

    Timon, Enzowoord <timonenzowoord.nl> wrote:
    > how should I get started
    yes, fields can usually be modified without hurting datas, but a bad
    srtucture is a bad structure...

    First of all :
    the tutorial ; play with the samples databases
    then try as say Lynn, read the books, make a model with real simplified
    datas of your Access bases, and show it to some intersted users

    manet Guest

  5. #5

    hi,
    i want to implement MS content management 2002 server. can you give me some
    tips on how to get started?
    eg. which book and website to start off reading on ASP.NET ?

    Lynn Guest

  6. #6

    I think you're in the wrong newsgroup: this one is about ASP.NET
    Webservices...

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan
    > hi,
    > i want to implement MS content management 2002 server. can you give me
    some
    > tips on how to get started?
    > eg. which book and website to start off reading on ASP.NET ?

    Jan Tielens Guest

  7. #7

    which group should i be posting to?

  8. #8

    Try:

    Greetz,
    Jan
    __________________________________

  9. #9

    I'm trying to get started on using DW. It asks me for a site. Do I need to
    put the code onto a site in order to test the code?

    Also, I opened a template and it just shows the code. The design button is
    not enabled. Why would this be, and how can I see the design?

    Nech30 Guest

  10. #10

    DW is a wysiwyg ! what you see is what you get. Start with the basic tutorial
    of defining a site and work from there. You put content directly on to the page
    like a word processor and it automaticall creates the code which you can edit.
    The design is not disabled its just that you have no design in place yet ?
    Good Luck

    Jash2000 Guest

  11. #11

    Are there any particulars, or great tutorials online that will help me get going in the direction of dynamic html?
    the9Ulaire Guest

  12. #12

    [url]http://www.w3schools.com/dhtml/[/url]
    mzanime.com Guest

  13. #13

    Request: details on how to get started, especially looking at Java requirements
    for the server

    Details: I run an e-commerce site using .NET/ SQL SERVER and my host does not
    allow Java. But the volume of products means that HTML is not effective, and I
    want a catalog with zoom features allowing users to move between products. I
    need this as many of the products are not text based making text methods of
    searching unusable.

    The stated aim of Flex look very good and I saw catalog construction is one of
    the basic aims of Flex, eg using an XML feed of images and then building a menu.

    Merrows Guest

  14. #14

    That is an awfully general question. Where do you want to start? Design?
    Coding? Admin?

    Depending on many factors, the Java requirements can be very large or trivial.
    In fact, what do you mean by "requirements"?

    Do you understand Flex's intended place in a full application?

    Tracy

    ntsiii Guest

  15. #15

    ntsiii wrote:
    > That is an awfully general question. Where do you want to start? Design?
    > Coding? Admin?
    I want to run demos on my own system.

    > Depending on many factors, the Java requirements can be very large or trivial.
    > In fact, what do you mean by "requirements"?
    The system setup, eg Web hosting/client requirements. The doentation
    is missing ket facts on how to use Flex.

    > Do you understand Flex's intended place in a full application?
    No, as I said I just saw Flex advertised, and the doentation is very
    general.

    > Tracy
    The application is just a catalogue which has products shown with a
    link. Something like an imagemap. The user can then browse and zoom by
    image and not text. A click takes the user to a product page.

    I can implement in Flash but I have over 30,000 product images and I
    dont want to enter 30,000 URL's. SO I want to use an XML feed with
    URL/image name/page coordinate and then the software builds the page.
    Flex can to do that, but how is Flex actually run? Is it embedded in
    Flash, or is there a separate authoring program called Flex? I dont
    know how Java is involved either.

    Logician Guest

  16. #16

    Hey Guys,
    I'm new to this extensions thing, and Adobe's site and help files don't seem
    to help that much.

    All over the place it says that "You have to test and package your extension
    before uploading", but I cant find ANYWHERE how to test or package the
    extension!

    could someone point me to the right direction please?

    Eli.s Guest

  17. #17

    There is a whole separate help section for Dreamweaver Extensions, including
    information on how to manage and package extensions. Have you found that
    from the help menu?

    --
    Nancy Gill
    Adobe Community Expert
    Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
    Technical Editor: Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,
    DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide
    Mastering Macromedia Contribute
    Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

    "Eli.s" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hey Guys,
    > I'm new to this extensions thing, and Adobe's site and help files don't
    > seem
    > to help that much.
    >
    > All over the place it says that "You have to test and package your
    > extension
    > before uploading", but I cant find ANYWHERE how to test or package the
    > extension!
    >
    > could someone point me to the right direction please?

    Nancy Guest

  18. #18

    Hi,
    I am a script developer for all of the Adobe Applications.
    However I am new to SDK. Could anyone please tell me how to develop a small plug-in (suppose - dialog reads "Hello world!") for Windows. I have Visual Studio 2005. Could you share the code here? Please!

    Your guidance will be appreciate.
    Thanks,
    Saravanan.K
    ksaravanan@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    Unzip the sdk folder and go to PluginSupport\Tools

    There u find the "Visual Studio App Wizard", install it.
    Create a environment variable
    AcroSDKPIDir = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\plug_ins\AcrobatSDK"

    Start a new visual studio project and select under c++ the AcrobatPluginWizard.

    Select some Events u want to handle and create/do there what u want.

    For debuging u can attach to acrobat.
    rene_kaiser@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Thanks,
    When i run, it shows like "Please install Visual Studio 2005 before install Acrobat 8 Plugin Wizard".
    Sorry I have VS2008.
    Is this wrong?
    ksaravanan@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast