Professional Web Applications Themes

Good Comments - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Well, we all agree on the important issues it seems. These forums are a great thing. I learend more in 6 months on these forums than I did in 2 years on my own. I just wish MM would turn back the clock on the extensions pages so we can search and find them easier. It just s. Gonna shut this thread down. If someone wants to start another one called what you hate about MM, or something like that, feel free. MM has to know that we hate their Flash website. I mean it is virtually unanamous. I wonder ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Good Comments

    Well, we all agree on the important issues it seems. These forums are a great thing. I learend more in 6 months on these forums than I did in 2 years on my own.

    I just wish MM would turn back the clock on the extensions pages so we can search and find them easier. It just s.

    Gonna shut this thread down. If someone wants to start another one called what you hate about MM, or something like that, feel free. MM has to know that we hate their Flash website. I mean it is virtually unanamous. I wonder why they refuse to listen to their customers though? I think to change the extensions pages back to html would be to admit that flash has its place and other times it should not be used. MM wants people to think that Flash IS the only way to build a site.

    Oh well. I've changed careers more than once, if it all ses me off too badly, I can always change again.

    Ignore my stupidity--it's biological!
    DouglasWD webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    "DouglasWD" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > MM has to know that we hate their Flash website. I mean it is
    > virtually unanamous. I wonder why they refuse to listen to
    > their customers though?
    Here's tons of actual info:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/special/progress_report/archive/[/url]

    If you've got specific observations that others haven't reported, then
    the team would still like to hear them, thanks:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/bin/webfeedback.cgi[/url]

    jd

    --
    John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco CA
    Search technotes: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url]

    John Dowdell Guest

  3. #3

    John Dowdell wrote:
    > "DouglasWD" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >
    >> MM has to know that we hate their Flash website. I mean it is
    >
    > > virtually unanamous. I wonder why they refuse to listen to
    > > their customers though?
    >
    > Here's tons of actual info:
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/special/progress_report/archive/[/url]

    John,

    The entire MM website is one of the most monumental fiascoes in the
    short history of web development. Name ONE single IT corporate website
    with about as many daily visitors that is as useless, slow and user
    unfriendly, and I will withdraw immediately from this discussion. Just ONE.

    What's more, MM is performing a "market research" that equals the
    quality of the site, and is basing the development of the future site
    from this. The two dominating ingredients in this "research" are the
    traffic stats and the user feedback. The fact that people that can't
    access the site can't access the site to say that they can't access the
    site (sic!) doesn't bother MM a bit. And if a user actually arrives to
    the feedback form, the questions are so incredibly moronic that it's
    sometimes impossible to provide accurate answers. Sometimes I wonder if
    you even understand how completely useless the data you are using
    actually is.

    You have now had 5-6 months to test your "beta" website, and you still
    haven't got it right. Considering the attitude, pace and skills you guys
    have, I think we will never see a "final release" version where *all*
    pages will load faster than 20 seconds on a broadband connection, and
    where navigation is intuitive. You are obviously not up to it.

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  4. #4

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:50:08 +0200, Dan Vendel *GOF*
    <see_my_signature__the_bottom_of_the_post.com> wrote:
    >The entire MM website is one of the most monumental fiascoes in the
    >short history of web development.
    So, Dan, does that mean you like it or not? Tell us what you really
    think. <gg>

    Gary
    Gary White Guest

  5. #5

    Gary White wrote:

    > So, Dan, does that mean you like it or not? Tell us what you really
    > think. <gg>
    Hehe..if I had chosen that path, I could have been a great diplomat, right?

  6. #6

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:32:32 +0200, Dan Vendel *GOF*
    <see_my_signature__the_bottom_of_the_post.com> wrote:
    >Hehe..if I had chosen that path, I could have been a great diplomat, right?
    <LOL>

    Gary
    Gary White Guest

  7. #7