Professional Web Applications Themes

Good Images website? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Not free, but EXTREMELY cheap: [url]http://www.istockphoto.com/[/url] "b_boy" <b_boyb2k.co.uk> wrote in message news:bg3pla$sfu$1forums.macromedia.com... HI All, i know this is a bit OT but do y'all know any sites that i can get good quality/quantity of images for free? I'm a bit worried about rights and stuff like that when designing my sites...any pointers would be highly appreciated.. TIA...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Good Images website?

    Not free, but EXTREMELY cheap:
    [url]http://www.istockphoto.com/[/url]

    "b_boy" <b_boyb2k.co.uk> wrote in message
    HI All, i know this is a bit OT but do y'all know any sites that i can get
    good quality/quantity of images for free? I'm a bit worried about rights and
    stuff like that when designing my sites...any pointers would be highly
    appreciated..

    TIA

    craig v Guest

  2. #2

    Try Google searchs
    ETC
    "b_boy" <b_boyb2k.co.uk> wrote in message
    > HI All, i know this is a bit OT but do y'all know any sites that i can get
    > good quality/quantity of images for free? I'm a bit worried about rights
    and
    > stuff like that when designing my sites...any pointers would be highly
    > appreciated..
    >
    > TIA

    E. T. Culling Guest

  3. #3

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:54:08 +0100, "Peter Connolly"
    <noemailrequirednospamrequired.com> wrote:
    >"b_boy" <b_boyb2k.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> HI All, i know this is a bit OT but do y'all know any sites that i can get
    >> good quality/quantity of images for free? I'm a bit worried about rights
    >and
    >> stuff like that when designing my sites...any pointers would be highly
    >> appreciated..
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    >The general rule with copyright is that if you didn't create it, you don't
    >own it, so you can't use it (without permission). Have a look at
    >[url]http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html[/url] for more information on
    >copyright.
    >
    >For photographic images, visit [url]http://www.sxc.hu[/url]. All free. It's not Corbis,
    >and they're a bit lacking in some topic areas, but I've usually discovered
    >something that works for me. At most, the authors ask for an email showing
    >where the image was used.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Pete.
    >
    >---------------------------
    >Peter Connolly
    >Acute Computing
    >Derby
    >UK

    Doesn't this depend on the copyright laws of the country you happen to
    be in. your information is correct for the UK (where I live).

    Good photographs take a lot of work. I would dare to suggest that good
    photographic images are a lot harder to produce than the web pages I
    make (though that might just reflect on my ability!). I an therefore
    prepared to pay for CDs of "royalty-free" images, where the creator
    has agreed to let the purchaser use the photos as many times as
    required. Such CDs are not cheap - typically 200 for 50 images, but
    when you consider the trouble getting permission from people to use
    images taken of people in work, leisure or other situations, I think
    such CDs are worth it. (You know that in the UK it is currently
    illegal to take photos of your own childrens' school christmas
    concerts, without the express permission of the parents of all the
    other children taking part).

    Paul Taylor
    Paul Taylor Guest

  4. #4

    > Doesn't this depend on the copyright laws of the country you happen to
    > be in. your information is correct for the UK (where I live).

    Yes...Most countries have something similar, but I should have stated that I
    was in the UK also!
    > Good photographs take a lot of work. I would dare to suggest that good
    > photographic images are a lot harder to produce than the web pages I
    > make (though that might just reflect on my ability!). I an therefore
    > prepared to pay for CDs of "royalty-free" images, where the creator
    > has agreed to let the purchaser use the photos as many times as
    > required. Such CDs are not cheap - typically 200 for 50 images, but
    > when you consider the trouble getting permission from people to use
    > images taken of people in work, leisure or other situations, I think
    > such CDs are worth it.
    I agree. It's annoying that so many people *don't* have this viewpoint, and
    think that if they can download it, they can use it without permission, and
    then try to quote spurious information back ("it's on the internet,
    therefore it's in the public domain" is popular)...thats why I keep the
    'Copyright Myths' link handy!
    >(You know that in the UK it is currently
    > illegal to take photos of your own childrens' school christmas
    > concerts, without the express permission of the parents of all the
    > other children taking part).
    Not being a fan of children, I can't see why anyone would want to do this
    anyway! :-P

    My understanding is that if the event takes place on school or private
    property, they can make any ruling that they want in regard to photography
    taken on the premises - copyright is a civil issue rather than a legal one.

    Regards,

    Pete.

    Peter Connolly Guest

  5. #5

    not free, but cheap and lots of images are the collections of hemera. i have
    4 of them...

    ana Guest

  6. #6

    It's a grab bag but the photos here are free and some are really good

    [url]http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml[/url]

    "b_boy" <b_boyb2k.co.uk> wrote in message
    > HI All, i know this is a bit OT but do y'all know any sites that i can get
    > good quality/quantity of images for free? I'm a bit worried about rights
    and
    > stuff like that when designing my sites...any pointers would be highly
    > appreciated..
    >
    > TIA

    Webfairy Guest

  7. #7

    Do you want free images or royalty-free images?

    "b_boy" <b_boyb2k.co.uk> wrote in message
    > HI All, i know this is a bit OT but do y'all know any sites that i can get
    > good quality/quantity of images for free? I'm a bit worried about rights
    and
    > stuff like that when designing my sites...any pointers would be highly
    > appreciated..
    >
    > TIA

    middletree Guest