"Dang H. Nguyen" <medangnguyen.net> wrote in
> I have an intranet website that allows users to upload data files into
> an archive. I was wondering if anyone has any real-world test results
> for uploading? I want to know what is a good "max" to set. The data
> files we have can sometimes be several hundred MB large. Even though
> one can set the max_upload_size in php.ini, will Apache or php timeout
> before the file is uploaded?
I don't think you'll get any timeouts, as the file is uploaded before
starting the script (and the timeout). Set the max size to the largest
ammount of temporary space you'll have/want to be available for storing the
file (don't even think of doing that on a server available from outside
your LAN, though).

KAH