Professional Web Applications Themes

good programmer required - PERL Modules

Hello I am looking for a programmer that could develop a system to provide live streaming MPEG & chat over the internet. The live video and chat is to be adult related allowing for public viewing and private 1 on 1 viewing (to be honest, very similar to that seen on other web sites). This is not all that will be required but is by far the most testing part of the job (other requirements are:- affiliate system, database driven web site/s allowing for self editing of web sites, all will be related to the streaming video site/s) This would ...

  1. #1

    Default good programmer required

    Hello

    I am looking for a programmer that could develop a system to provide live
    streaming MPEG & chat over the internet. The live video and chat is to be
    adult related allowing for public viewing and private 1 on 1 viewing (to be
    honest, very similar to that seen on other web sites).
    This is not all that will be required but is by far the most testing part of
    the job (other requirements are:- affiliate system, database driven web
    site/s allowing for self editing of web sites, all will be related to the
    streaming video site/s)
    This would be on a partnership basis or if preferred, a profit share basis.

    I will provide all the rest of the recourses necessary to run the web
    site/content provider (although help would be welcomed). i.e. HTML & graphic
    design, server requirements & bandwidth (yes; Bandwidth, I know I need
    allot), small finances, fairly well planned marketing of which I will
    provide more details of to interested parties and the day to day running
    including finding & providing the models.

    The reason I suggest a partnership is, and to be honest, I can not afford to
    pay for the development (if you know how to develop it, you will know what
    it would cost!). I also don't want to wait until I can afford this as the
    market is right now and getting bigger with the wider use of broadband.
    I would expect anyone who replies with an interest in this offer to be
    treating it as an "on the side" project or a learning curve.

    A little about me:-
    I run a small internet development company in the Midlands. We design and
    develop web sites for our clients, offer marketing services and advice (blah
    blah, and all the usual, hosting, emails, etc)
    We run a few small sites of our own and currently have a few larger projects
    in development. (they will hopefully work well, although I am in no way a
    get rich quick "dot commer", that is more down to luck than good judgement,
    so I believe)
    I will be treating this as a serious project and a "finger in another pie"
    (no pun intended).

    Reason: - The amount of money to be made if this is done right (and I am a
    perfectionist)
    Reason I am not using my programmer/s:- they are too busy doing other work
    and my other projects

    If you think you may be able to develop the above and would be interested in
    this as a business opportunity please contact me by email, providing me
    details of your abilities and location (I think UK only would be best, but
    am not totally against someone further away)
    If you think any other details are relevant please also forward them on to
    me.

    If we are then happy with one another we can/could/should meet to discuss
    more details

    PS. no time wasters please :-)

    Regards
    Jon
    [email]high9876hotmail.com[/email]

    Jon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: good programmer required

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 00:54:12 +0000 (UTC), Jon wrote:

    Something doesn't add up here. You are already running a business
    employing at least two people other than yourself. Either it is
    profitable, in which case you should be able to afford to hire another
    person (either from the profits, or by borrowing against it from a bank),
    or it is not, in which case one must be dubious about the propects of
    profits from your new venture.

    You will be "treating this as a serious project", you don't want to wait on
    the project, and you are a perfectionist, yet you expect the person who
    takes this on to be doing it as a side project or for learning?

    Have you ever heard the axiom that you get to pick any two of cheap, good
    and fast? You're clearly asking for all three here.

    And to top it all off, you post this to a wildly off-topic group. There
    are lots of *.jobs groups, web sites, and so on. Please take this there,
    although I doubt you'll get much better response for the reasons given
    above...

    --
    Greg Schmidt [email]gregstrawna.com[/email]
    Trawna Publications [url]http://www.trawna.com/[/url]