Check out the travel tripod web site:

"http://www.traveltripod.com"

I got the Velbon Maxi 343E ($70 in the U.S.)
"http://www.velbon.com.au/maxi343E.html" and it
supported my EOS-5 with a 100-300 zoom just fine,
however it was too light to use in high winds.

You might also consider the Velbon Chaser EFL-4
with the PH-263 or PH-273 ball head. Not sure if
this is sold in Australia or not. I think that it
is more robust than the Maxi 343E, though heavier.

Steve
"http://www.traveltripod.com"

P.S., your website is great!