Professional Web Applications Themes

Good reference book.. - ASP.NET Security

I have been using .net for a while. I want to have my windows authentication concepts cleared - . particularly how it works on Intranet sites. Is there a good, simple to understand reference book/sites that can help me with? Appreciate any help....

  1. #1

    Default Good reference book..

    I have been using .net for a while. I want to have my windows authentication
    concepts cleared - . particularly how it works on Intranet sites. Is there
    a good, simple to understand reference book/sites that can help me with?

    Appreciate any help.

    Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Good reference book..

    I am not sure what would be consider good and simple in your vernacular, but
    there are plenty of free (thats right folks, free) books at
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/architecture[/url]. Look for the patterns and practices
    section. Great information on security, infrastructure and architecture for
    developers. Does not completely relate directly to .NET windows
    authentication, but you will find the topics in there.

    Now, as far as windows authentication goes, what you are you trying to
    accomplish. A web app or a windows app, or are you just looking for the
    basics of NTFS permissions and how they relate to user's logons? Or, do you
    want to get into Active Directory?

    The answers to these questions will help myself and others lead you in the
    right direction, as there is a lot of information out there, both in books
    and online.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    <.net user> wrote in message news:OEyflHmxDHA.1744TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > I have been using .net for a while. I want to have my windows
    authentication
    > concepts cleared - . particularly how it works on Intranet sites. Is
    there
    > a good, simple to understand reference book/sites that can help me with?
    >
    > Appreciate any help.

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) Guest

  3. #3

    Default Portal starter kit windows authentication

    Thanks for your information, Cowboy.
    I want to understand how different pieces work to for the role based windows
    authentication in a .net Intranet site.. I have put together the approach
    i'm using but it doesn't work so it prompted me to refer to a good book on
    the topic of winodws authentication. I have a separate posting regarding
    this issue titled: 'Portal Starter Kit authentication".

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <NoSpamMgbworldcomcast.netNoSpamM> wrote in
    message news:uOQ0qsmxDHA.1856TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > I am not sure what would be consider good and simple in your vernacular,
    but
    > there are plenty of free (thats right folks, free) books at
    > [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/architecture[/url]. Look for the patterns and
    practices
    > section. Great information on security, infrastructure and architecture
    for
    > developers. Does not completely relate directly to .NET windows
    > authentication, but you will find the topics in there.
    >
    > Now, as far as windows authentication goes, what you are you trying to
    > accomplish. A web app or a windows app, or are you just looking for the
    > basics of NTFS permissions and how they relate to user's logons? Or, do
    you
    > want to get into Active Directory?
    >
    > The answers to these questions will help myself and others lead you in the
    > right direction, as there is a lot of information out there, both in books
    > and online.
    >
    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    >
    > ************************************************** ********************
    > Think Outside the Box!
    > <.net user> wrote in message news:OEyflHmxDHA.1744TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > > I have been using .net for a while. I want to have my windows
    > authentication
    > > concepts cleared - . particularly how it works on Intranet sites. Is
    > there
    > > a good, simple to understand reference book/sites that can help me with?
    > >
    > > Appreciate any help.

    .net user Guest