Professional Web Applications Themes

good/reliable/but cheap php programmr needed asap - PHP Development

I need a php programmer who knows their stuff and knows about mod rewrite etc as my whole site now runs off php and mysql I'd like someone in the UK but they all seem to charge alot more than people in mainland europe. I was quoted 3500 by someone in England for the last lot of work i needed doing. I got it done for 250 by someone in France. However he's now in fulltime employment and is not available. I have a 300ish budget for what i want doing next. It could also lead to much more work. ...

  1. #1

    Default good/reliable/but cheap php programmr needed asap

    I need a php programmer who knows their stuff and knows about mod rewrite
    etc as my whole
    site now runs off php and mysql
    I'd like someone in the UK but they all seem to charge alot more than people
    in mainland
    europe. I was quoted 3500 by someone in England for the last lot of work i
    needed doing. I
    got it done for 250 by someone in France. However he's now in fulltime
    employment and is
    not available.
    I have a 300ish budget for what i want doing next. It could also lead to
    much more work.

    Its the accommodation side of my site i need working on for now. You'll find
    it here:
    [url]www.picturesofengland.com/hotels/[/url]

    I list hotels from 2 providers
    [url]www.superbreak.com[/url]
    and
    [url]www.activehotels.com[/url]

    A problem with my hotels provided by superbreak has occurred. i think they
    at superbreak
    have changed a url or something as no files have been changed on my site but
    a big green
    nav bar now appears on all my superbreak provided hotels. e.g
    [url]http://www.picturesofengland.com/hotels/Bath_hotels/Hilton_Bath_City.html[/url]
    The green nav bar with "secure online bookings at over 2500 Hotels etc
    etc..." should not
    be there. It wasnt there a few days ago, it is now. plus it has dead links
    and is affecting
    my number of bookings. I think people are clicking on the reservations link
    instead of
    scrolling down the page to the booking form.

    I need this problem fixed asap. I have a test server where work can be
    carried out.

    After this i need a complete overhaul of my accommodation section doing.
    The main important factor though is that NO url's are changed as i have some
    good rankings
    due to incoming links

    Here are some of the main things i need doing to the accommodation section.
    1.
    An admin for me to upload new hotel data from both providers easily.
    Currently i have no
    way of updating my hotel database. The guy who did the initial database a
    few years ago
    used some kind of custom script he made to insert the hotels and change the
    data. I cant
    get hold of this.
    Superbreak provide me with a database once a month, its plain text comma
    delimited i think.
    Activehotels is an Excel database and has a lot more options (hotel options
    e.g swimming
    pool, no smoking etc) I'd like to be able to make use of these extra
    options. Currently i
    dont.
    I also have hotel owners come to me occassionally wanted to be listed
    (independant hotels).
    These get inserted into my hotel database via an admin someone did for me.
    They get listed
    last on my hotel pages.

    The listings order goes like this:
    I'll use the city of Bath as an example.
    [url]http://www.picturesofengland.com/hotels/Bath_hotels/[/url]

    Superbreaks hotels have priority, so they are listed first.
    Then activehotels are listed once there are no more superbreak bath
    hotels(see hotel number
    14 the old Malt House on page 2 of the bath hotels.)
    Then 'independant hotels' are listed last, if there are any.(see the Hunters
    Rest Inn on
    page 3 of bath hotels)
    Each listing (superbreak and activehotels) link to a page of info about the
    hotel. I dont
    know how this is done, but the actual hotel info page is got from
    superbreak/active almost
    like an inline frame and ammended onto a page hosted on my site. Some php
    trick that the
    previous programmer did. This gives my site more pages and more search
    engine food.
    e.g
    [url]http://www.picturesofengland.com/hotels/Bath_hotels/Hilton_Bath_City.html[/url]
    By the way all pages are created dynamically.

    2. I would like my site visitors to be able to choose to see hotels listed
    by either price
    (cheapest first), or by star rating (3,4,5 star) etc.
    I would also like visitors to be able to search my hotel database for a
    particular hotel,
    currently they can only search by choosing an area or typing in an area, not
    a hotel name.
    It would be good if they could search by keywords too, e.g near heathrow
    airport 5 star
    I need a site search for the whole of my site, not just the hotel part.
    Maybe this should
    be done at the same time?

    Thats about it for now. Any questions please let me know. Please email me a
    price and time
    scale of this work. I can provide any files for you to see if you need to
    see them first in
    order to know how long and if you can do it.
    I'd like someone to be able to start asap. We can sort out a price for just
    that initial
    problem first if you like and then move on if we are both happy. Please be
    trustworthy and
    reliable. No time wasters.

    Regards,
    Chris

    sarahandchris Guest

  2. #2

    On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:53:44 +0000 (UTC), "sarahandchris"
    <picturesofenglandNOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
    >particular hotel,
    >currently they can only search by choosing an area or typing in an area, not
    >a hotel name.
    >It would be good if they could search by keywords too, e.g near heathrow
    >airport 5 star
    >I need a site search for the whole of my site, not just the hotel part.
    >Maybe this should
    >be done at the same time?
    >

    >Thats about it for now. Any questions please let me know. Please email me a
    >price and time
    >scale of this work. I can provide any files for you to see if you need to
    >see them first in
    >order to know how long and if you can do it.
    >I'd like someone to be able to start asap. We can sort out a price for just
    >that initial
    >problem first if you like and then move on if we are both happy. Please be

    "No time wasters". That's rich!

    You posted in this newsgroup some weeks ago, asking for help. At the time,
    I was between coding jobs and responded. From you, I received not even an
    acknowledgement; the same was noticed by another poster. How difficult
    would it have been to post a general "Thanx" back to the newsgroup?

    "good/reliable/but cheap.... " 300 ???? You don't want a lot, do you?!

    This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there.

    Sent from within Forte's Agent.

    Pull the pins out to reply direct.
    Fat Bloke Guest

  3. #3

    sarahandchris wrote:
    > I'd like someone in the UK but they all seem to charge alot more than people
    > in mainland
    > europe. I was quoted 3500 by someone in England for the last lot of work i
    > needed doing. I
    > got it done for 250 by someone in France. However he's now in fulltime
    > employment and is
    > not available.
    > I have a 300ish budget for what i want doing next. It could also lead to
    > much more work.
    So let me get this correct - you run a UK site, advertising UK hotels,
    providing bookings, getting UK levels of commission for each booking -
    **but** you don't want to pay UK rates to a software engineer to enable
    you to do that?

    regards,

    Andy

    --
    Andy Barfield - [email]abarfield_01[/email]

    Andy Barfield Guest

  4. #4

    Sorry that I did not post a general thanx to the newsgroup last time. I got
    alot of responses by email and tried to acknowledge and thank everyone for
    their interest. I am sorry if I missed a few but it simply didnt occur to me
    to post a general thank you in the newsgroup at the time. Please accept my
    apologies.

    Several people have said that 300 is unrealistic. It may be to them but not
    to alot of others. As with all trades, there is always someone willing to
    work for alot less than others in order to get the work, yet they still do a
    good job. If you were in my shoes and someone said they could do whatever
    work you wanted doing, and do a good job at that for a lot less money than
    the other man, i'm sure you too would go for the cheaper option. Anyone who
    says they wouldnt, either has more money than sense or is being less than
    truthful.

    At the end of the day i was upfront with my budget available as to not waste
    anyones time. Thanks to all those who have responded so far. I am still
    considering the offers.

    Regards,

    Chris

    "Fat Bloke" <fatblokeonbikepinspinsjohnstone-wheelers.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:ju3hvvo4i79mtpvt55h02t6ph23a16va324ax.com...

  5. #5

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:59:49 +0000, Andy Barfield <abarfield_01>
    wrote:
    >sarahandchris wrote:
    >> I'd like someone in the UK but they all seem to charge alot more than people
    >> in mainland
    >> europe. I was quoted 3500 by someone in England for the last lot of work i
    >> needed doing. I
    >> got it done for 250 by someone in France. However he's now in fulltime
    >> employment and is
    >> not available.
    >> I have a 300ish budget for what i want doing next. It could also lead to
    >> much more work.
    >
    >So let me get this correct - you run a UK site, advertising UK hotels,
    >providing bookings, getting UK levels of commission for each booking -
    >**but** you don't want to pay UK rates to a software engineer to enable
    >you to do that?
    >
    >regards,
    >
    >Andy
    Point! Which means that they've got their pricing/business plan all wrong.
    Yooors,

    Iain.