Professional Web Applications Themes

got signal 11 or Default storage engine (InnoDB) is not available - MySQL

trying to first time install, ie not an upgrade, mysql 5.0 on a win2003 small business server and run as a service all the google hits for this have not really had any ways to fix the problem that i can find when using the wizard to config and start the service i have tried to have the innodb put in '\data\' and also tried the 'mysql innodb datafiles' directory with the same result, in the win system logs there is the got signal 11 error and these is from the the mysql log: (this was when previous ibdata1 file ...

  1. #1

    Default got signal 11 or Default storage engine (InnoDB) is not available

    trying to first time install, ie not an upgrade, mysql 5.0 on a win2003
    small business server and run as a service
    all the google hits for this have not really had any ways to fix the problem
    that i can find
    when using the wizard to config and start the service i have tried to have
    the innodb
    put in '\data\' and also tried the 'mysql innodb datafiles' directory with
    the same result,
    in the win system logs there is the got signal 11 error
    and these is from the the mysql log:

    (this was when previous ibdata1 file was not deleted)

    070423 15:03:56 InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally!
    InnoDB: Starting crash recovery.
    InnoDB: Reading tablespace information from the .ibd files...
    InnoDB: Restoring possible half-written data pages from the doublewrite
    InnoDB: buffer...
    070423 15:03:56 InnoDB: Starting log scan based on checkpoint at
    InnoDB: log sequence number 0 43655.
    InnoDB: Doing recovery: scanned up to log sequence number 0 43655
    InnoDB: Page directory corruption: supremum not pointed to
    070423 15:03:56 InnoDB: Page dump in ascii and hex (16384 bytes):

    (this was when ibdata1 file from previous try was deleted)

    InnoDB: The first specified data file C:\Data\ibdata1 did not exist:
    InnoDB: a new database to be created!
    070424 8:56:44 InnoDB: Setting file C:\Data\ibdata1 size to 10 MB
    InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
    InnoDB: Error: all log files must be created at the same time.
    InnoDB: All log files must be created also in database creation.
    InnoDB: If you want bigger or smaller log files, shut down the
    InnoDB: database and make sure there were no errors in shutdown.
    InnoDB: Then delete the existing log files. Edit the .cnf file
    InnoDB: and start the database again.
    070424 8:56:45 [ERROR] Default storage engine (InnoDB) is not available
    070424 8:56:45 [ERROR] Aborting

    if anybody can make any suggestions to try i would appreciate very much

    bbxrider Guest

  2. #2

    == Quote from bbxrider (com)'s article

    can you copy your my.ini file in here. i think you're missing some statements in
    the ini file. mysql won't initiable innodb if the configurations in the .ini file
    are not correct or they may be conflicting.
    lark Guest

  3. #3

    thanks for your generous offer
    here it is, i left out some of the first lines that were comments to save
    some space
    of course this was generated from the wizard

    # CLIENT SECTION
    # ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    #
    # The following options will be read by MySQL client applications.
    # Note that only client applications shipped by MySQL are guaranteed
    # to read this section. If you want your own MySQL client program to
    # honor these values, you need to specify it as an option during the
    # MySQL client library initialization.
    #
    [client]

    pipe
    socket=mysql

    [mysql]

    default-character-set=latin1

    # SERVER SECTION
    # ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    #
    # The following options will be read by the MySQL Server. Make sure that
    # you have installed the server correctly (see above) so it reads this
    # file.
    #
    [mysqld]

    skip-networking
    enable-named-pipe

    # The Pipe the MySQL Server will use
    socket=mysql

    #Path to installation directory. All paths are usually resolved relative to
    this.
    basedir="C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.0/"

    #Path to the database root
    datadir="C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.0/Data/"

    # The default character set that will be used when a new schema or table is
    # created and no character set is defined
    default-character-set=latin1

    # The default storage engine that will be used when create new tables when
    default-storage-engine=INNODB

    # Set the SQL mode to strict
    sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_E NGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

    # The maximum amount of concurrent sessions the MySQL server will
    # allow. One of these connections will be reserved for a user with
    # SUPER privileges to allow the administrator to login even if the
    # connection limit has been reached.
    max_connections=100

    # Query cache is used to cache SELECT results and later return them
    # without actual executing the same query once again. Having the query
    # cache enabled may result in significant speed improvements, if your
    # have a lot of identical queries and rarely changing tables. See the
    # "Qcache_lowmem_prunes" status variable to check if the current value
    # is high enough for your load.
    # Note: In case your tables change very often or if your queries are
    # textually different every time, the query cache may result in a
    # slowdown instead of a performance improvement.
    query_cache_size=0

    # The number of open tables for all threads. Increasing this value
    # increases the number of file descriptors that mysqld requires.
    # Therefore you have to make sure to set the amount of open files
    # allowed to at least 4096 in the variable "open-files-limit" in
    # section [mysqld_safe]
    table_cache=256

    # Maximum size for internal (in-memory) temporary tables. If a table
    # grows larger than this value, it is automatically converted to disk
    # based table This limitation is for a single table. There can be many
    # of them.
    tmp_table_size=103M

    # How many threads we should keep in a cache for reuse. When a client
    # disconnects, the client's threads are put in the cache if there aren't
    # more than thread_cache_size threads from before. This greatly reduces
    # the amount of thread creations needed if you have a lot of new
    # connections. (Normally this doesn't give a notable performance
    # improvement if you have a good thread implementation.)
    thread_cache_size=8

    #*** MyISAM Specific options

    # The maximum size of the temporary file MySQL is allowed to use while
    # recreating the index (during REPAIR, ALTER TABLE or LOAD DATA INFILE.
    # If the file-size would be bigger than this, the index will be created
    # through the key cache (which is slower).
    myisam_max_sort_file_size=100G

    # If the temporary file used for fast index creation would be bigger
    # than using the key cache by the amount specified here, then prefer the
    # key cache method. This is mainly used to force long character keys in
    # large tables to use the slower key cache method to create the index.
    myisam_max_extra_sort_file_size=100G

    # If the temporary file used for fast index creation would be bigger
    # than using the key cache by the amount specified here, then prefer the
    # key cache method. This is mainly used to force long character keys in
    # large tables to use the slower key cache method to create the index.
    myisam_sort_buffer_size=205M

    # Size of the Key Buffer, used to cache index blocks for MyISAM tables.
    # Do not set it larger than 30% of your available memory, as some memory
    # is also required by the OS to cache rows. Even if you're not using
    # MyISAM tables, you should still set it to 8-64M as it will also be
    # used for internal temporary disk tables.
    key_buffer_size=174M

    # Size of the buffer used for doing full table scans of MyISAM tables.
    # Allocated per thread, if a full scan is needed.
    read_buffer_size=64K
    read_rnd_buffer_size=256K

    # This buffer is allocated when MySQL needs to rebuild the index in
    # REPAIR, OPTIMZE, ALTER table statements as well as in LOAD DATA INFILE
    # into an empty table. It is allocated per thread so be careful with
    # large settings.
    sort_buffer_size=256K

    #*** INNODB Specific options ***
    innodb_data_home_dir="C:/Data/"

    # Use this option if you have a MySQL server with InnoDB support enabled
    # but you do not plan to use it. This will save memory and disk space
    # and speed up some things.
    #skip-innodb

    # Additional memory pool that is used by InnoDB to store metadata
    # information. If InnoDB requires more memory for this purpose it will
    # start to allocate it from the OS. As this is fast enough on most
    # recent operating systems, you normally do not need to change this
    # value. SHOW INNODB STATUS will display the current amount used.
    innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=7M

    # If set to 1, InnoDB will flush (fsync) the transaction logs to the
    # disk at each commit, which offers full ACID behavior. If you are
    # willing to compromise this safety, and you are running small
    # transactions, you may set this to 0 or 2 to reduce disk I/O to the
    # logs. Value 0 means that the log is only written to the log file and
    # the log file flushed to disk approximately once per second. Value 2
    # means the log is written to the log file at each commit, but the log
    # file is only flushed to disk approximately once per second.
    innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1

    # The size of the buffer InnoDB uses for buffering log data. As soon as
    # it is full, InnoDB will have to flush it to disk. As it is flushed
    # once per second anyway, it does not make sense to have it very large
    # (even with long transactions).
    innodb_log_buffer_size=3489K

    # InnoDB, unlike MyISAM, uses a buffer pool to cache both indexes and
    # row data. The bigger you set this the less disk I/O is needed to
    # access data in tables. On a dedicated database server you may set this
    # parameter up to 80% of the machine physical memory size. Do not set it
    # too large, though, because competition of the physical memory may
    # cause paging in the operating system. Note that on 32bit systems you
    # might be limited to 2-3.5G of user level memory per process, so do not
    # set it too high.
    innodb_buffer_pool_size=338M

    # Size of each log file in a log group. You should set the combined size
    # of log files to about 25%-100% of your buffer pool size to avoid
    # unneeded buffer pool flush activity on log file overwrite. However,
    # note that a larger logfile size will increase the time needed for the
    # recovery process.
    innodb_log_file_size=169M

    # Number of threads allowed inside the InnoDB kernel. The optimal value
    # depends highly on the application, hardware as well as the OS
    # scheduler properties. A too high value may lead to thread thrashing.
    innodb_thread_concurrency=10

    "lark" <net> wrote in message

    > can you copy your my.ini file in here. i think you're missing some
    > statements in
    > the ini file. mysql won't initiable innodb if the configurations in the
    > .ini file
    > are not correct or they may be conflicting.[/ref]

    bbxrider Guest

  4. #4

    == Quote from bbxrider (com)'s article

    > > can you copy your my.ini file in here. i think you're missing some
    > > statements in
    > > the ini file. mysql won't initiable innodb if the configurations in the
    > > .ini file
    > > are not correct or they may be conflicting.[/ref][/ref]

    ok, signall 11 means that mysql is avoiding a resource deadlock (you can run
    perror 11) and see.

    there may be some corruption of data files. i can't really be sure. below are some
    solid innodb settings that you can put in your ini file :

    innodb_file_per_table
    innodb_data_home_dir = "C:\data\"
    innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
    innodb_log_group_home_dir = "C:\data\logs\"
    innodb_log_arch_dir = "C:\data\arch\"

    then you need to define buffer pool size, log file size and log buffer size and
    additional mem pool size and finally you need to define your transaction-isolation
    level (important for transactions). these all depend on your hardware
    configurations and your application needs.

    the settings above will give you a file per table on your hard drive for each
    innodb table rather than just one big file for all tables.

    hope this helps and make sure you read up on transaction isolation and pick the
    right value for your setup
    lark Guest

  5. #5

    thanks for those settings, i was able to get an instance running that did
    not use innodb, so that narrows the problem down
    i have to dig out a ini file that was created to launch an instance with
    innodb and then add these settings, will post results when
    i get that done

    "lark" <net> wrote in message
    news:DTIXh.379$news.prodigy.net... [/ref]

    > ok, signall 11 means that mysql is avoiding a resource deadlock (you can
    > run
    > perror 11) and see.
    >
    > there may be some corruption of data files. i can't really be sure. below
    > are some
    > solid innodb settings that you can put in your ini file :
    >
    > innodb_file_per_table
    > innodb_data_home_dir = "C:\data\"
    > innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
    > innodb_log_group_home_dir = "C:\data\logs\"
    > innodb_log_arch_dir = "C:\data\arch\"
    >
    > then you need to define buffer pool size, log file size and log buffer
    > size and
    > additional mem pool size and finally you need to define your
    > transaction-isolation
    > level (important for transactions). these all depend on your hardware
    > configurations and your application needs.
    >
    > the settings above will give you a file per table on your hard drive for
    > each
    > innodb table rather than just one big file for all tables.
    >
    > hope this helps and make sure you read up on transaction isolation and
    > pick the
    > right value for your setup[/ref]

    bbxrider Guest