Excellent question. I am having the same problem. My computers are
not on a "domain", just a workgroup. They are both dhcp clients being
assigned ip addresses from a dsl router. They are also both set up to
be on the same workgroup. However, if I set up a share on computer A,
and try to grant access to user X from computer B, no good. It won't
let me specify a user like \\B\X.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob