I have just installed some new servers here at work and am wanting to check
and optimize the hard drive performance as I think it is a bit dodgy.
The system specs are:
- P4 3GHz (with HyperThreading)
- 2GB RAM
- 2 x Seagate 120GB SATA drives (in a RAID 1 - mirrored RAID)
- Asus P4C-E Deluxe mobo
- Promise FastTrack (20)378 onboard SATA RAID controller
- RedHat 9 (customized) - 2.4.20-smp kernel (damn those RAID drivers)
- Currently using the Promise.com's FastTrak TX4000/376/378/S150 TX Series
The drives are mirrored for data security but ...