Professional Web Applications Themes

Having problem reading JPG'S - Hope I can explain it ! - Photography

Howdy! I have about 40 JPG's stored permanently on a 256MB Compact Flash Card. I keep adding to that Card as I take pictures. I do not use the card in my camera as it is only used to store my , 'masterpiece'. JPG's. Recently, I scannned a photo on my scanner, and saved it to the Flash Card. Not a smart thing to do I guess, I should have saved it to my HDD, and later, when edited, to my Flash Card. We get too old too soon, and too smart too late! When finished, I went to look ...

  1. #1

    Default Having problem reading JPG'S - Hope I can explain it !

    Howdy!

    I have about 40 JPG's stored permanently on a 256MB Compact Flash
    Card. I keep adding to that Card as I take pictures. I do not use the
    card in my camera as it is only used to store my , 'masterpiece'.
    JPG's.

    Recently, I scannned a photo on my scanner, and saved it to the Flash
    Card. Not a smart thing to do I guess, I should have saved it to my
    HDD, and later, when edited, to my Flash Card. We get too old too
    soon, and too smart too late!

    When finished, I went to look at the pic on my Flash Card, LETTER "J".
    Instead of seeing the usual ICONS that were generated by the editing
    program, there were ICONS that when clicked, opened up the, OPEN WITH
    dialog box. DUH? What happened to my JPG's?

    Now, as I would expect, they will not open at all. Click on the icon
    and nothing!

    I have most of these JPG's on CD also, but as I add new ones to the
    Flash Card, I haven't updated the CD...so I may have lost some
    beautiful pics.

    Would be so happy if I had some help me get my Flash Card pics back to
    where they were!!

    Mike - net
    Michael Guest

  2. #2

    I've re-read your message a few times. What I think it's saying is that
    your jpeg files are still there on the card but you've lost the association
    to them in Windows. In this case all you have to do is use the Open With
    dialogue and find your usual photo-editing or image viewing program to view
    it with, making sure that the box is ticked next to 'always use this program
    to open this file in future'.

    For reference, on Windows ME try c:\windows\kodakimg.exe

    circe Guest

  3. #3

    Have you tried Digital Image Recovery? (Download from the web.) It worked for
    me when I had a problem with a CF card.
    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK

    Michael P Gabriel <com> wrote in message
    snip

    Malcolm Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,

    Not knowing how you saved your image to the card, it is hard to tell what
    happened.
    I would say that you saved the image with the wrong extension or without an
    extension so the system does not know what software to invoke to read the file.
    Try opening the editing program and then go to File > Open
    and see if it will open a file that was there previously. Also try copying the
    entire card to the hard drive and see if you get the number of pictures you had
    on the card. The you can play with them, rename them, etc.
    Rosita

    HRosita Guest

  5. #5

    Hi, Mike.

    I am a great fan of "PC Inspector File Recovery". This is a freeware
    program that may well recover most (if not all) of your shots. I recovered
    59 shots from a re-formatted and partially re-written flash card with it.

    HTH

    Tim S.

    "Michael P Gabriel" <com> wrote in message

    tim Guest

  6. #6

    I've used PhotoRescue more than one with great success to recover "lost"
    images on CF cards. You can get it at www.datarescue.com/photorescue and you
    pay only after you see that it can recover your images.

    "Michael P Gabriel" <com> wrote in message

    Mick Guest