Professional Web Applications Themes

HAVING PROBLEM WITH LINKS FLASH BUTTONS.. - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi , I'm a real newbie at this so forgive me if I appear stupid.. I am trying to put together my first Dreamweaver site, all is working well except my flash buttons are not going to the URL that I entered in the box that pops up when I doulbe click on the buttons. It's been puzzling me for days and then I found this message board.. helppppp ?? pleeeeeeeeease? anybody?? .. I know it's probably something simple like me just not doing something like saving something first or whatever..but what??? I did save and close that window before ...

  1. #1

    Default HAVING PROBLEM WITH LINKS FLASH BUTTONS..

    Hi ,

    I'm a real newbie at this so forgive me if I appear stupid..

    I am trying to put together my first Dreamweaver site, all is working well except my flash buttons are not going to the URL that I entered in the box that pops up when I doulbe click on the buttons. It's been puzzling me for days and then I found this message board.. helppppp ?? pleeeeeeeeease? anybody?? .. I know it's probably something simple like me just not doing something like saving something first or whatever..but what??? I did save and close that window before previewing in browser.. I have done websites before in other programs but I would really love to master this one as it seems pretty cool (except for the damn button thing..)

    (And yes I DO Realize that some people will not be able to access them or use them due to not having flash plugins.. but I will add some kind of link bars for those tres simple people who don't like fancy things :) .. but I DOOOOOOOOOO.... :)

    SO.. got any suggestions??

    Thanks in advance, Angel

    HONKEYTONKANGEL webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: HAVING PROBLEM WITH LINKS FLASH BUTTONS..

    THANKS ALAN,

    OK, I'VE UPDATED MY FLASH PLAYER ALREADY AND I'VE TRIED IT FROM OTHER COMPUTERS AS WELL ALSO WITH UPDATED FLASH PLUGIN PLAYERS AND THE LINK DOESN'T WORK IN THEM EITHER. HERE'S THE LINK IF YOU WANT TO TRY IT. (TRY THE REUNION LINK BUTTON ON THE LEFT, IT'S THE ONLY ONE I LEFT A URL LINK ON AS I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS AND DID'T GET ANY FURTHER THAN THAT. IT'S SUPPOSE TO LINK TO MY REUNION PAGE WHICH IS ON THE WEBSITE AS WELL. (IN THE SAME MAIN FOLDER AS THE INDEX.HTM)

    MY DREAMWEAVER IS AT HOME AND I'M AT WORK RIGHT NOW, SO I WON'T BE ABLE TO TRY ANYTHING RIGHT AWAY, BUT I COULD WORK AT IT TONIGHT IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS.

    [url]WWW.CVRCLASSOF83.NETFIRMS.COM[/url]

    THANKS ALOT, ANGEL

    HONKEYTONKANGEL webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Exactly what did you put in the "link" property of the Flash button?

    -- Mike
    ---------------
    Michael Langner
    Macromedia Dreamweaver Technical Support

    "HONKEYTONKANGEL" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > THANKS ALAN,
    >
    > OK, I'VE UPDATED MY FLASH PLAYER ALREADY AND I'VE TRIED IT FROM OTHER COMPUTERS AS WELL ALSO WITH UPDATED FLASH PLUGIN PLAYERS AND THE LINK DOESN'T WORK IN THEM EITHER. HERE'S THE LINK IF YOU WANT TO TRY IT. (TRY THE REUNION LINK BUTTON ON THE LEFT, IT'S THE ONLY ONE I LEFT A URL LINK ON AS I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS AND DID'T GET ANY FURTHER THAN THAT. IT'S SUPPOSE TO LINK TO MY REUNION PAGE WHICH IS ON THE WEBSITE AS WELL. (IN THE SAME MAIN FOLDER AS THE INDEX.HTM)
    >
    > MY DREAMWEAVER IS AT HOME AND I'M AT WORK RIGHT NOW, SO I WON'T BE ABLE TO TRY ANYTHING RIGHT AWAY, BUT I COULD WORK AT IT TONIGHT IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS.
    >
    > [url]WWW.CVRCLASSOF83.NETFIRMS.COM[/url]
    >
    > THANKS ALOT, ANGEL

    MLangner-MMTS Guest

  4. #4

    HI MIKE, ALAN,

    THANKS SO MUCH GUYS.. BUT I FIXED IT! I FOUND IT.. ( AND IT REALLY WAS SOMETHING STUPID I WAS NOT DOING). I DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING IN THE TARGET AREA , THE URL WAS THERE.. JUST FORGOT TO TELL IT WHERE I WANTED THE PAGE TO GO!! I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I OPENED THAT WINDOW AND DID'T SEE THAT! (WHAT AN IDIOT :) IT'S WORKING NOW.
    THANKS AGAIN FOR TRYING TO HELP ME, IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED.. AND I'M SURE YOU'LL SEE ME BACK IN HERE AS I ATTEMPT TO LEARN THIS PROGRAM MORE..

  5. #5

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:39:42 +0000 (UTC), "HONKEYTONKANGEL"
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >AND I'M SURE YOU'LL SEE ME BACK IN HERE AS I ATTEMPT TO LEARN THIS PROGRAM MORE..
    Angel, just a friendly piece of advice on netiquette, posting in all
    CAPS is usually considered to be like SHOUTING. Mixed case is
    preferred and easier to read.

    Thanks,

    Gary
    Gary White Guest