Professional Web Applications Themes

Havok - Macromedia Director 3D

Anyone know if Havok just dropped support for the havok xtra? I was perusing Havok's site yesterday and running through some of the tutorials and went back today and that part of their site is gone. Any clues what's up? Thanks K...

  1. #1

    Default Havok

    Kronos113 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Havok

    Just checked - the site is back - looks like Havok have updated their site
    as you now get redirected to

    [url]http://oldsite.havok.com/xtra/[/url]

    Cheers,

    GP

    "Gianpiero Colagiacomo" <gp1lg.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > I have most of those tuts saved on my hd - if the site doesn't come back
    up
    > soon (hope it does cause I need it myself) let me know and I can organise
    > emailing them to you.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > GP
    >
    > "Kronos113" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > > Anyone know if Havok just dropped support for the havok xtra? I was
    > perusing Havok's site yesterday and running through some of the tutorials
    > and went back today and that part of their site is gone. Any clues what's
    > up?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Gianpiero Colagiacomo Guest

  3. #3

    Never mind it's back up now.

  4. #4

    I'm working on a project and incorporating Havok into it and having a bit of difficulty. So I was looking at a couple of tutorials and noticed that they all say to add the Physics (No HKE) behavior. Well I don't have that behavior in my havok setup cast. So I assumed that the Physics (Inserted HKE) was the same thing. Still no success. So I downloaded a working .dir file and inserted the (Inserted HKE) file in place of the (No HKE) file and that broke the project. The error that comes up says that Havok isn't initialized.

    Anyone have any clues?

    Kronos113 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    I had the same problem. You need to get this file

    [url]http://www.havok.com/xtra/downloads/xtra/CastLibs.zip[/url]

    and put it into your library folder.

    Good luck

    "Kronos113" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I'm working on a project and incorporating Havok into it and having a bit
    of difficulty. So I was looking at a couple of tutorials and noticed that
    they all say to add the Physics (No HKE) behavior. Well I don't have that
    behavior in my havok setup cast. So I assumed that the Physics (Inserted
    HKE) was the same thing. Still no success. So I downloaded a working .dir
    file and inserted the (Inserted HKE) file in place of the (No HKE) file and
    that broke the project. The error that comes up says that Havok isn't
    initialized.

    > Anyone have any clues?

    Rob Guest

  6. #6

    That's it. Thanks a bunch.

    Kronos113 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    Does anybody know some site where you can learn how to make your own
    programming with havok, not with the havok predefined behaviours?
    I need a site where i can find tutorials about havok and examples, but not the
    oldhavok site.Please.

    BBluEE Guest

  8. #8

    Originally posted by: BBluEE Does anybody use it anymore? Sure!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by: BBluEE ...learn how to make your own programming with
    havok, not with the havok predefined behaviours? I don't see what's wrong with
    the havok stuff. it has all you need to get things done... download the
    doentations 'Lingo Reference', 'Behavior Reference' and 'Physics Primer'.
    if you still don't understand... noone can help you!? if you don't know how to
    program, just study the havok samples... if you don't like the behaviors, write
    your own. only tuts i know is at [url]http://www.director-online.com/[/url].

    nickname7 Guest

  9. #9

    i'm just getting into havok too. [url]http://oldsite.havok.com/xtra/[/url] is useful. go
    to the doentation section for tutorials. i've found the car tutorial
    enlightening. i think the best thing to do though is to break out the havoc
    lingo reference and experiment. i'm finding that for simple collision
    detection/resolution, director's native collision modifier may be all i need.

    Ex Malterra Guest

  10. #10

    Hi all. Please I need comments. I make a working scene with Shockwave 3D and
    Havok engine, all work ok. I have a wall, and balls in the ground. I can apply
    a havok force to wall, and by this way can push the balls, and it work. But I
    need move the wall with the classic model.translate method . Obviusly, the
    'havok properties' of the wall 'dont move with it', and the wall and balls dont
    collide. Do you know how I can 'translate the havok model Wall' with 'Shockwave
    Model Wall', at same time, and sinchonic?? Resume: ?can I simulate exactly the
    model.translate(vector) behavior, with a Havok command? Many Tks. !!!!! From
    the south of the world.

    sinopsis Guest