Professional Web Applications Themes

HBITMAP able to work on MAC? - Mac Programming

hello.. do anyone know whether the code below is able to work on MAC?? HBITMAP hbm; hbm=LoadBitmap(GetDLLInstance(gPlugInRef) ,MAKEINTRESOURCE(i+6)); Thanks ! -- Best Regards Eleen...

  1. #1

    Default HBITMAP able to work on MAC?

    --
    Best Regards
    Eleen

    neele Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: HBITMAP able to work on MAC?

    "neele" <com> wrote in message news:<br3f2h$f6m$singnet.com.sg>...

    No. Both LoadBitmap() and GetDLLInstance() are Win32 functions.

    I am assuming you are writing a Classic or Carbon app.
    The Mac equivalent would be to store your image in the resource fork,
    with type 'PICT', and retrieve it using GetPicture().
    Marcus Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for your reply.

    Can i ask another ques then. I am trying to create a BUTTON with IMAGE
    overlaying
    on top of the BUTTON (that how is done for windows version)

    But it seem that Mac should not be doing that way? Do u have any suggestions
    for that.

    Thanks alot !

    --
    Best Regards
    Eleen
    "Marcus Boxall" <com> wrote in message

    > No. Both LoadBitmap() and GetDLLInstance() are Win32 functions.
    >
    > I am assuming you are writing a Classic or Carbon app.
    > The Mac equivalent would be to store your image in the resource fork,
    > with type 'PICT', and retrieve it using GetPicture().[/ref]

    neele Guest

  4. #4

    In article <br3rec$g04$singnet.com.sg>, neele
    <com> wrote:

    You can certainly have buttons with images on them on the Mac.

    I suggest learning the Macintosh APIs, either Cocoa or Carbon. Also,
    learn the difference between the API you're using and the goal you're
    trying to accomplish -- you shouldn't be trying to do 1:1 translations
    from Windows to Mac APIs, you should be trying to accomplish equivalent
    things ("create a button with an image taken from a resource on it").

    I strongly suggest learning and using Cocoa, since most new Macintosh
    software these days only needs to be written for Mac OS X. Once you're
    comfortable with it, it also gives you the most high-level
    functionality for the least time investment on any platform.

    There are quite a few tutorials and books and training courses that can
    get you started on learning Cocoa.

    To be an expert Mac programmer you'll need to know both Cocoa and
    Carbon, but to get started you should probably stick primarily with
    Cocoa.

    -- Chris

    --
    Chris Hanson <com>
    bDistributed.com, Inc.

  5. #5

    Hello

    Issue is now i seem lack of learning time ;c
    i am learning on the fly that why i got many unknown issues.
    Currently we are not using cocoa more onto carbon....

    Do you have any good sites which i can pick up those tutorial stuff??
    Thanks.

    --
    Best Regards
    Eleen
    "Chris Hanson" <com> wrote in message

    > You can certainly have buttons with images on them on the Mac.
    > [/ref]
    suggestions

    > I suggest learning the Macintosh APIs, either Cocoa or Carbon. Also,
    > learn the difference between the API you're using and the goal you're
    > trying to accomplish -- you shouldn't be trying to do 1:1 translations
    > from Windows to Mac APIs, you should be trying to accomplish equivalent
    > things ("create a button with an image taken from a resource on it").
    >
    > I strongly suggest learning and using Cocoa, since most new Macintosh
    > software these days only needs to be written for Mac OS X. Once you're
    > comfortable with it, it also gives you the most high-level
    > functionality for the least time investment on any platform.
    >
    > There are quite a few tutorials and books and training courses that can
    > get you started on learning Cocoa.
    >
    > To be an expert Mac programmer you'll need to know both Cocoa and
    > Carbon, but to get started you should probably stick primarily with
    > Cocoa.
    >
    > -- Chris
    >
    > --
    > Chris Hanson <com>
    > bDistributed.com, Inc.
    > Outsourcing Vendor Evaluation
    > Custom Mac OS X Development
    > Cocoa Developer Training[/ref]

    neele Guest

  6. #6

    In article <br99i7$dij$singnet.com.sg>,
    "neele" <com> wrote:

    http://www.mactech.com/macintosh-c/
    ophion Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks.

    --
    Best Regards
    Eleen
    "ophion" <org> wrote in message

    > http://www.mactech.com/macintosh-c/[/ref]

    neele Guest

  8. #8

    In article <br99i7$dij$singnet.com.sg>, neele
    <com> wrote:

    Spending some time up front learning the Macintosh more thoroughly will
    more than pay off compared to flailing around, throwing things together
    that you don't understand and hoping to make something work.

    Are you being billed as a Macintosh developer by your company? They
    should reconsider their strategy and bring in someone with Mac
    experience as a mentor and to help you finish the project.

    -- Chris