Professional Web Applications Themes

Hebrew Fonts don't work :( - Macromedia Freehand

Hi, Just wondering if you have found a solution for installing Hebrew fonts in Freehand. I am currently using Freehand 9.0.2. I have tried this: Type Hebrew on Word Copy it to Photoshop Copy that to Freehand The problem: I still can not attach it to path, to make the letters appear in an arch. Any ideas? Thanks Amit Yaffe [email]amityaffecomcast.net[/email]...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Hebrew Fonts don't work :(

    jpegirl webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    do you have a Freehand Hebrew Version ? (the one with the plug?)

    Micha

    "jpegirl" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Just wondering if you have found a solution for installing Hebrew fonts in
    Freehand.
    > I am currently using Freehand 9.0.2.
    >
    > I have tried this:
    > Type Hebrew on Word
    > Copy it to Photoshop
    > Copy that to Freehand
    > The problem:
    > I still can not attach it to path, to make the letters appear in an arch.
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks
    > Amit Yaffe
    > [email]amityaffecomcast.net[/email]

    Mic Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Micha,
    No, I do not have the Freehand Hebrew version, but I have Hebrew fonts installed on the OS Windows 2000. Other programs like word, powerpoint, and microsoft outlook(my email), work well with Hebrew.
    What is "the plug"?
    Thanks for your reply and interest,
    Amit

    jpegirl webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Amit,

    you need the Hebrew version of FH in order to see Hebrew. this version comes
    with a plug, a physical plug that plugs by a USB or parallel port.
    All Microsoft software can work fine with Hebrew. (except the when you need
    to write numbers and letters....).

    You can call Quicksoft in Israel ([url]www.quicksoft.co.il[/url]) to obtain a plug.

    good day to despite the strike.

    Micha
    [url]www.migocreative.com[/url]

    > Hi Micha,
    > No, I do not have the Freehand Hebrew version, but I have Hebrew fonts
    installed on the OS Windows 2000. Other programs like word, powerpoint, and
    microsoft outlook(my email), work well with Hebrew.
    > What is "the plug"?
    > Thanks for your reply and interest,
    > Amit

    Mic Guest

  5. #5

    Shalom Micha,
    I really hoped there was a way to work with Hebrew in FH9...
    Have you mentioned that Hebrew does not show well on the Hebrew FH? Numbers and letters?!
    Is it worthwhile investing in this program anyway, or maybe you can reccomend a better one?
    Any way, thanks for the info, and I will contact the address you sent me for Macromedia in Israel.
    Hope the strike will be over soon,
    Amit

    jpegirl webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Amit,

    FH is all around good program. depending on what you want to do. if you are
    going to create many brochures, books, magazines etc', you may consider
    QuarkXpress or InDesign from Adobe. you always have to check that those
    software work in Hebrew.

    If you need both a Illustrator and desktop design then FH or Illustrator
    from Adobe will be a good choice. if you are going to make money then yes,
    you should spend the extra cash. you will also receive a good technical
    support.

    have fun,

    > Shalom Micha,
    > I really hoped there was a way to work with Hebrew in FH9...
    > Have you mentioned that Hebrew does not show well on the Hebrew FH?
    Numbers and letters?!
    > Is it worthwhile investing in this program anyway, or maybe you can
    reccomend a better one?
    > Any way, thanks for the info, and I will contact the address you sent me
    for Macromedia in Israel.
    > Hope the strike will be over soon,
    > Amit

    Mic Guest

  7. #7

    Micha,
    Thanks again for your quality input.
    I ended up working with Microsoft Powerpoint which works well with Hebrew.
    My work is more artistic, than purely designing, in the matter of using scanned images of my illustrations, and using them for invitations, greeting cards, etc.
    I like the features of FH, but I will look into the other softwares that you mentioned.

    I also cheked out your web site and found out that your company designs web sites!
    Could you please send me information on that subject, since I am looking into having my own web site. I sell my water color prints in Jewish themes, Greeting cards, and invitations, and would like to expand my sellings over the web.

    Since I am not living in Israel now, will it be possible to work/communicate over the computer/email?

    Thanks
    Amit

    jpegirl webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest