Professional Web Applications Themes

HEEEEELLP Color Profiles - Macromedia Freehand

Hello there Could anyone help me? Did anyone know if I could assign manually the ICC profiles in Freehand MX. Did anyone know where should I put the adobe color tables in freehandMX under winXP in order to work? Very important (system configuration and history) One hard-disk; two partitions: - 1. fat32 ? win98SE; drive letter C: - 2. NTFS ? winXPprofessional; drive letter F: - (cd1 - drive letter D: cd2 ? drive letter E:) Reason: Under win98 my children can play many games without ?even? seeing my partition, which is very good. More of that I could solve ...

  1. #1

    Default HEEEEELLP Color Profiles

    Hello there
    Could anyone help me? Did anyone know if I could assign manually the ICC profiles in Freehand MX. Did anyone know where should I put the adobe color tables in freehandMX under winXP in order to work?

    Very important (system configuration and history)
    One hard-disk; two partitions:
    - 1. fat32 ? win98SE; drive letter C:
    - 2. NTFS ? winXPprofessional; drive letter F:
    - (cd1 - drive letter D: cd2 ? drive letter E:)
    Reason: Under win98 my children can play many games without ?even? seeing my partition, which is very good. More of that I could solve their problems when I working under the XP, because I could see and manage the fat32 partition.

    I install Photoshop and Freehand under 98, and I could replace the color tables in freehand via Kodak Digital Science > Rebuild Color Tables. It works just fine and I have no problems with this.
    I?ll do the same installation under XP but when I reach at the same point (Kodak Digital Science > Rebuild Color Tables) it shows me only empty pop-us and from time to time unrecognizable characters. I believe that freehand automatically point to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COLOR instead of F:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color

    I?m looking at a Macintosh solution type, where I have to copy the adobe color tables in the ICC folder under Freehand and it works. I?ll try to do the same on XP but it not works.

    Could anyone help me with this problem?
    Looking forward to hear news from you
    Yours truly,
    Claudiu Nemes
    [email]claudiunemeshotmail.com[/email]
    [email]claudiunemesrdslink.ro[/email]

    claudiu webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: HEEEEELLP Color Profiles

    Judging from your symptoms, particularily the blank pop-up lists, I think
    you have a bogus ICM on your system that is giving FH grief. FHMXa v11.0.1
    will have far fewer problems with odd, bogus ICMs (there are a lot of them
    around) and I would recommend downloading the upgrade.

    To make the original release of FHMX, and earilier releases of FH, function
    better, and if you encounter a severly bogus ICM that annoys FHMXa, do the
    following.

    1. Use Windows' search funtions to find ALL files in both system folder
    trees (both W98 and XP) that use either the .ICC or .ICM extension.
    2. Rename ALL such files so that they no longer have either extension,
    something like "aaaaa.ICMbogus".
    3. Test FH to see if this has healed the problem.
    4. Restore the original extension on any ICMs that you think you will need
    and retest FH.

    One known "evil" ICM is "BlackWhite.icm" (sometimes has the .icc extension).

    David W Gangwisch
    Software Design Engineer - FreeHand
    Macromedia, Inc.

    "claudiu" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hello there
    > Could anyone help me? Did anyone know if I could assign manually the ICC
    profiles in Freehand MX. Did anyone know where should I put the adobe color
    tables in freehandMX under winXP in order to work?

    > Very important (system configuration and history)
    > One hard-disk; two partitions:
    > - 1. fat32 ? win98SE; drive letter C:
    > - 2. NTFS ? winXPprofessional; drive letter F:
    > - (cd1 - drive letter D: cd2 ? drive letter E:)
    > Reason: Under win98 my children can play many games without ?even? seeing
    my partition, which is very good. More of that I could solve their problems
    when I working under the XP, because I could see and manage the fat32
    partition.

    > I install Photoshop and Freehand under 98, and I could replace the color
    tables in freehand via Kodak Digital Science > Rebuild Color Tables. It
    works just fine and I have no problems with this.
    > I?ll do the same installation under XP but when I reach at the same point
    (Kodak Digital Science > Rebuild Color Tables) it shows me only empty pop-us
    and from time to time unrecognizable characters. I believe that freehand
    automatically point to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COLOR instead of
    F:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color

    > I?m looking at a Macintosh solution type, where I have to copy the adobe
    color tables in the ICC folder under Freehand and it works. I?ll try to do
    the same on XP but it not works.

    > Could anyone help me with this problem?
    > Looking forward to hear news from you
    > Yours truly,