Professional Web Applications Themes

Help! 2 questions - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hello! I am fairly new to Dreamweaver but have problems on possibly two of the simpliest things. 1) Whenever add font or text it always double spaces. How do I get rid of that so I can create a solid paragraph? 2) When adding images, is there a way to just drag and drop an image anywhere on the page? And how to you get text to wrap around an image? Thanks for your help!!...

  1. #1

    Default Help! 2 questions

    Hello! I am fairly new to Dreamweaver but have problems on possibly two of the
    simpliest things.

    1) Whenever add font or text it always double spaces. How do I get rid of
    that so I can create a solid paragraph?

    2) When adding images, is there a way to just drag and drop an image anywhere
    on the page? And how to you get text to wrap around an image?

    Thanks for your help!!

    palombic Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help! 2 questions

    > 1) Whenever add font or text it always double spaces. How do I get rid

    This is not double spacing. It's the bottom margin of one paragraph
    collapsed with the top margin of the subsequent paragraph, e.g.,

    That will give you the spacing you are describing between those two
    paragraphs.

    You can easily control this using CSS to manage those margins, e.g., by
    placing the following in a stylesheet either embedded in the page, or linked
    to from the page,

    p { margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; }

    then those two paragraphs (and all others on the page) will only have 5px of
    space between them.

    Dreamweaver is not a DTP program, it is an HTML authoring program. If you
    want to use it, you will have to learn how to use/think HTML. In HTML, you
    CANNOT just place something on the page anywhere, without either a) using
    CSS to define where you want it placed, or b) building an HTML substructure
    that has a 'spot' available at that location on the page. Consider for
    example an HTML table -

    If you create a new page in DW, and place this code between <body> and
    each spot being one of the two cells in this table. In the absence of any
    other markup, these two cells will be horizontally adjacent, and will each
    occupy 50% of the available width of the entire table. Since the table is
    not given an explicit width, it will then occupy the full width of the
    browser's viewport, whatever that value might be. Since the default
    horizontal alignment in a table cell is "left", anything you might place in
    the right-hand table cell will be left aligned at the midpoint of the page.

    Get it?
    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "palombic" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Oh, forgot this one -

    By using CSS to 'float' the image. Place the image BEFORE the text in the
    page. To have the image float to the right of the text, you would float the
    image RIGHT, e.g.,

    img { float:right; }

    and to have the image float to the left of the text, you would float the
    image left, e.g.,

    img { float:left; }

    In either case, when the image is floated, the text will wrap around and
    below it (but not on both sides of it).

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

  4. #4

    thanks for the help... I understand now. I apologize about the double post. After I made this one I thought 'shoot, it might be in the wrong forum'. I'll make not of that next time.
    palombic Guest

  5. #5

    It was in the wrong forum! 8)

    --