Professional Web Applications Themes

HELP! - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

I have lots of pictures to load within my flash doent on my website, but all they do is make the swf file bigger and bigger until people just arnt gona want to wait around waiting for my website to load. Could someone please explain to me how I could load the pictures, video, and sound, from a file on my website server or somewhere else on the web and still have them show up within my flash doent were they would normally be at. Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default HELP!

    I have lots of pictures to load within my flash doent on my website, but all
    they do is make the swf file bigger and bigger until people just arnt gona want
    to wait around waiting for my website to load. Could someone please explain to
    me how I could load the pictures, video, and sound, from a file on my website
    server or somewhere else on the web and still have them show up within my flash
    doent were they would normally be at. Thanks!

    davidprovost Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: HELP!

    hi. I dont think you need to make the pictures a part of the swf file (you dont
    want to show them all together anyway). you should load only the main swf and
    then load into it each picture according to what the person visiting the site
    wants. (you can add only low quality or small previues like thumbnails to the
    main swf and load the real picture according to what the person wants, loading
    only one at a time). you can do this using LoadMovie or loadClip.

    myselfandi Guest

  3. #3

    k, but how would I have the video show up inside the flash doent...Like how
    could I load the videos seperate from the rest of the website so the main page
    in the flash doent shows up rite away and it loads the other stuff when u
    click on it????

    davidprovost Guest

  4. #4

    I never tried that befor but here's an idea that might work:
    create swf for each video (each swf will hold one video) and then load those swfs from the main swf.
    myselfandi Guest

  5. #5

    dude... look up using flv video for this. it's well-doented in the flash manual (mx 2004) :P

    scott

    nntp://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.flash.sitedesign/<cmudvo$l84$macromedia.com>

    k, but how would I have the video show up inside the flash doent...Like how
    could I load the videos seperate from the rest of the website so the main page
    in the flash doent shows up rite away and it loads the other stuff when u
    click on it????

    [macromedia.flash.sitedesign]
    Scott Guest

  6. #6

    k how do i load the swfs from the main swf?
    davidprovost Guest

  7. #7

    rtfm

    nntp://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.flash.sitedesign/<cn0vuf$lu1$macromedia.com>

  8. #8

    Check out this post as well. I have explained how to use an external XML file
    to load images into your project when you need them and they can be stored in a
    seperate folder on the website. The files types can be images or .swfs.

    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=288&thre
    adid=919448

    proxmaster Guest

  9. #9

    in the main Movie add an Empty movie clip (createEmptyMovieClip)
    and then use loadMovie or loadClip actions to load into it the other swfs
    myselfandi Guest

  10. #10

    hello! I want to make a music meniu,(working with flash), I found one , but i dont know hot to insert muzic and the butons don`t work.... can somebody help me?
    NemoXP Guest

  11. #11

    i just installed my 30 day trial of macromedia mx flash and bought a flash
    template. when i open mx flash, none of tools show up. all i get is file view
    control help at the top of the page. i also can't launch the program without
    opening a flash file. if i double click on my flash shortcut, nothing happens.
    any advice?

    Leilani
    http://leilanimunter.com

    leilani27 Guest

  12. #12

    please help i am stuck with a template i purchased and now I can't edit it without my flash program working! anyone have any advice?
    leilani27 Guest

  13. #13

    Did you check the requirements to run Flash? Make sure you have
    enough ram memory and are not running Windows ME. Sometimes the
    download gets corrupted. You may have to download it again.
    good luck,
    tralfaz

    "leilani27" <com> wrote in message

    tralfaz Guest