Professional Web Applications Themes

HELP!!!!!!! - Adobe Indesign Windows

i have windows XP Professional, and another system running XP home i have networked the 2 and from the XP pro system i can access everything on the XP home system but from the XP home system if i try to access files or the system it says i do not have permission. i can logon using remote desktop, ping it and everything except access it across the network. all the hardware checks out fine. i hooked up a windows 98se system to it and trying to access the XP Pro system it asked for a password, however i have ...

  1. #1

    Default help!!!!!!!

    i have windows XP Professional, and another system
    running XP home i have networked the 2 and from the XP
    pro system i can access everything on the XP home system
    but from the XP home system if i try to access files or
    the system it says i do not have permission. i can logon
    using remote desktop, ping it and everything except
    access it across the network. all the hardware checks out
    fine. i hooked up a windows 98se system to it and trying
    to access the XP Pro system it asked for a password,
    however i have never set a password. can anyone help
    please.
    tony Guest

  2. #2

    Do you have file and printer sharing selected on your XP
    Pro system?

    Brandon Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: help!!!!!!!

    In article <07b801c34a99$20ef20e0$a301280aphx.gbl>, "tony"
    <louie189hotmail.com> wrote:
    >i have windows XP Professional, and another system
    >running XP home i have networked the 2 and from the XP
    >pro system i can access everything on the XP home system
    >but from the XP home system if i try to access files or
    >the system it says i do not have permission. i can logon
    >using remote desktop, ping it and everything except
    >access it across the network. all the hardware checks out
    >fine. i hooked up a windows 98se system to it and trying
    >to access the XP Pro system it asked for a password,
    >however i have never set a password. can anyone help
    >please.
    Create a user account on XP Pro with the same user name and password
    that you use to log onto XP Home and 98se.
    --
    Best Wishes,

    [url]http://mvp.support.microsoft.com[/url]
    Steve Winograd [MVP] Guest

  4. #4

    So, let me be sure I understand this. In InDesign CS (or InDesign2.0) there is no support for typing Hebrew, other than backwards? If I want to type (or copy from Word) text that was typed in logical order, I need to spend another $1K and get InDesignME? That is most disappointing.
    Ari_Davidow@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    You can copy and paste from a program like Dagesh or Davka Writer by
    selecting the copy for English program choice from the menu.
    --
    Cyndee Meystel

    Cyndee_Meystel@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Cyndee is correct. If you want a few words in Hebrew then simply type in DavkaWriter or Dagesh and paste into InDesign CS, if you choose Hebrew OpenType fonts such as those provided by [url]www.fontbit.co.il[/url] then it works great.

    if you want more Hebrew then go for InDesign 2.0 ME or if you can wait just a little longer then InDesign CS ME (of which I am a beta is right round the corner).

    However, there is one huge caveat with InDesign CS ME: Unlike with version 2 where you can have 2 US and 2 ME on the same OS, you CANNOT have InDesign CS US and InDesign CS ME coexisting on the same machine due to a new policy of Adobe (which in my opinion is the most stupid thing in the world since it means I have to buy a new computer!)

    I am beta testing CS ME in a virtual machine, but I suspect that I'll never buy CS ME since I don't have room for another computer (with another 3 screens!)
    Raphael_Freeman@adobeforums.com Guest