Professional Web Applications Themes

Help!!! Backup pending state after delete from table - IBM DB2

Hi there! I am using DB2 6.1 in Solaris. I have tried to delete several rows from one table. Unfortunately, the number of rows to be deleted was big enough to cause the DB not to be able to save the rollback info, so the query (DELETE FROM...) threw one error. After that, any query trying to delete/update/insert in that table brings back the following error: DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned: SQL0290N Table space access is not allowed. SQLSTATE=55039 So, if ...

  1. #1

    Default Help!!! Backup pending state after delete from table

    Hi there!

    I am using DB2 6.1 in Solaris. I have tried to delete several rows
    from one table. Unfortunately, the number of rows to be deleted was
    big enough to cause the DB not to be able to save the rollback info,
    so the query (DELETE FROM...) threw one error. After that, any query
    trying to delete/update/insert in that table brings back the following
    error:

    DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was
    not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it
    returned:
    SQL0290N Table space access is not allowed. SQLSTATE=55039

    So, if I type "list tablespaces" I can see that the tablespace that
    table belongs to is in "backup pending" state.

    I have tried to restore it back to its "normal" state using the
    command:

    QUIESCE TABLESPACES FOR....

    with no success at all. Right now, I've got no idea of what to do. Can
    anyone help me???

    Thank you very much...

    Cheers,

    Tomas Calvo
    Tomas Calvo Guest

  2. #2

    Sounds like the table is needing an integrity check. Read up on the
    "Set Integrity" command.

    Also, what do you mean by "...DB not to be able to save the rollback
    info..." ? Rollback info are always written to logs. Did you hit a
    log-full? And if so, did you terminate the application? Rollback is
    not automatically unless you have an non-recoverable db.

    --Powell

    [email]tomascalvohotmail.com[/email] (Tomas Calvo) wrote in message news:<e2fa73da.0307170632.443d8301posting.google. com>...
    > Hi there!
    >
    > I am using DB2 6.1 in Solaris. I have tried to delete several rows
    > from one table. Unfortunately, the number of rows to be deleted was
    > big enough to cause the DB not to be able to save the rollback info,
    > so the query (DELETE FROM...) threw one error. After that, any query
    > trying to delete/update/insert in that table brings back the following
    > error:
    >
    > DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was
    > not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it
    > returned:
    > SQL0290N Table space access is not allowed. SQLSTATE=55039
    >

    > So, if I type "list tablespaces" I can see that the tablespace that
    > table belongs to is in "backup pending" state.
    >
    > I have tried to restore it back to its "normal" state using the
    > command:
    >
    > QUIESCE TABLESPACES FOR....
    >
    > with no success at all. Right now, I've got no idea of what to do. Can
    > anyone help me???
    >
    > Thank you very much...
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Tomas Calvo
    Powell Guest

  3. #3

    See Michael Bhola's response, which gave you exact information you need.

    You said the tablespace (delete) pending is because " the number of rows
    to be deleted was
    big enough to cause the DB not to be able to save the rollback info ..."
    As far as I know this is bug, and is fixed in FP1 or FP2 for DB2 UDB V6.
    Regards,
    FRX

    Tomas Calvo wrote:
    > Hi there!
    >
    > I am using DB2 6.1 in Solaris. I have tried to delete several rows
    > from one table. Unfortunately, the number of rows to be deleted was
    > big enough to cause the DB not to be able to save the rollback info,
    > so the query (DELETE FROM...) threw one error. After that, any query
    > trying to delete/update/insert in that table brings back the following
    > error:
    >
    > DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was
    > not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it
    > returned:
    > SQL0290N Table space access is not allowed. SQLSTATE=55039
    >
    > So, if I type "list tablespaces" I can see that the tablespace that
    > table belongs to is in "backup pending" state.
    >
    > I have tried to restore it back to its "normal" state using the
    > command:
    >
    > QUIESCE TABLESPACES FOR....
    >
    > with no success at all. Right now, I've got no idea of what to do. Can
    > anyone help me???
    >
    > Thank you very much...
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Tomas Calvo