Professional Web Applications Themes

Help! Can not save anything in Illustrator format - Error message "unknown error has occured" - Adobe Illustrator Windows

I am using Illustrator CS on XP, I was trying to save my work, it was a template and about 10 layers. I got the error message "unknown error has occurred". I tried numerous times, but I was unable to save it, though I was able to export it to TIFF format. I closed the program and restarted my computer and reopened the file, but same result. In short, I finally ended up doing an advanced uninstall of the entire CS package and re-installing it. Now when I try to open any AI file I get the error message "Acrobat ...

  1. #1

    Default Help! Can not save anything in Illustrator format - Error message "unknown error has occured"

    I am using Illustrator CS on XP, I was trying to save my work, it was a template and about 10 layers. I got the error message "unknown error has occurred". I tried numerous times, but I was unable to save it, though I was able to export it to TIFF format.

    I closed the program and restarted my computer and reopened the file, but same result. In short, I finally ended up doing an advanced uninstall of the entire CS package and re-installing it.

    Now when I try to open any AI file I get the error message "Acrobat PDF format is having difficulties, Bad Parameter" and the doent will not open. If I open a new doent and then try to save it as an AI file I will get the "unknown error has occurred" message. HELP!!

    Laura Hernandez
    Laura_Hernandez@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Laura,

    The first thing to try whenever Illustrator starts 'acting up' is to delete
    the preference file. See:

    [url]http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50.eed5198.2cd0b46e[/url]

    For details.

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Len,
    THanks for replying,
    In Illustrator CS my adobe file is under
    Program Files/ Adobe /Adobe Illustrator ,
    but when I get there I cannot find my AI prefs. I know how to do it because I have deleted my AI prefs on my classroom computer that runs Illustrator 10, but I can't find them on my home computer. I do have my Explorer settings set to "show hidden files"
    Do you have any idea where I go from there to find the prefs?
    Laura_Hernandez@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Laura,
    >>when I get there I cannot find my AI prefs. <<
    See the link I posted! The preference file is NOT located in the program
    folder

    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hi. This message usualy comes when you use "bad font". The easiest way to save your file is to save it as eps, not as ai.
    Dimitar_Zhekov@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    delete your illustrator preferences

    press ctrl+alt+shift after launching illustrator, but before the splash screen. You have to be very fast. click yes when it asks if you want to delete prefs.
    Brandon_Curtis@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Default Re: Help! Can not save anything in Illustrator format - Error message "unknown error

    If u have too many fonts going on - make sure to 'create outlines' and then save up ur work
    Unregistered Guest

  8. #8

    Thanx! now its need VersionCue.Dll and don't run
    Unregistered Guest