Professional Web Applications Themes

Help! Cannot delete PDF file after viewing. - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I have a program written in asp which would view a scanned pdf doent and delete it after coping to other folder. It use to work fine until I installed reader 6 on my computer with IE 6 on it. The problem is if I open the doent in acrobat and then try to delete, it gives me permission error. If I delete without opening in Acrobat 6, it works fine. Anybody knows where the permission error comes from? Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default Help! Cannot delete PDF file after viewing.

    Mina_Vaghela@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help! Cannot delete PDF file after viewing.

    Not sure what you are trying to do. However, it sounds like you may still have the doent open in AA6. In that case you can not delete the doent until it is closed in AA6.
    William_A._Davis@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    What do mean by AA6. Where is it open? I do close IE6 with doent open in it before my program tries to delete it. As far as what I am trying to do? I have original doent created on one server available to user. My program wants to delete this original after copying it to another server. It would delete fine if it is not opened before the delete. But if you viewed it by clicking the hyperlink making sure what you are deleting, it would give me permission denied error and would not open.
    Thanks
    Mina_Vaghela@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Ok, now I know AA6 = IE6, so that part is not a problem any more. I do close IE6 after viewing the doent, so I imagine the adobe reader in it also gets closed. I do know it stays in the task bar after that. Could that cause a problem? If yes, How do I remove from it.
    Thanks
    Mina_Vaghela@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Is anybody having problem like me?
    Mina_Vaghela@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    > I do close IE6 after viewing the doent, so I imagine the adobe reader in it also gets closed.

    No, that's not the case. Close Adobe Reader too, even if it is
    invisible.

    Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    How? Do you mean remove out of taskbar manually? Please explain. Thanks
    Mina_Vaghela@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    ctrl+alt+delete, get task list.

  9. #9

    Hi there,

    I have the same problem as well. the scenario is like i have a webpage, there are hyperlinks linking to pdf files. when users click it, it will prompt out new browser to view this pdf. after users close this new browser pdf, they will approve or reject this pdf. either way is to remove and delete pdf. but it just can be deleted. but wait for awhile, it can be deleted. it s quite strange. i know somewhere this pdf is read or open by other program. but i checked task manager, after closed this pdf, there is no more adobe application is running. can't fix it, but just tell users wait for a while then delete.
    oscar.ye@sgs.com Guest

  10. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mina_Vaghelaadobeforums.com View Post
    Is anybody having problem like me?
    Yes me too. PDF records my deleted file which i dont want others to see. It is not in recycle bin, even. But can be accessed from the PDF icon. ! Very user un-friendly. Sure there must be a way. But very user Un-friendly - this change in PDF
    Unregistered Guest