Professional Web Applications Themes

HELP! Cannot make Flash run in IE7 Vista - worked before - Macromedia Flash Player

I have been working on this issue for 6-7 hrs and can't make it work, studied many forums inc this one and tried many diff. recommended solutions, but to no avail....so I am posting to plea for help to end my misery and frustration....here are the details for u techies :) -running IE 7 Vista home - works in firefox, not IE7 - youtube won't work - shows the usual error message about javascript etc - tried the usual uninstall, reinstall combos, in admin and not in admin mode etc - however i find when i right click and run ...

  1. #1

    Default HELP! Cannot make Flash run in IE7 Vista - worked before

    I have been working on this issue for 6-7 hrs and can't make it work, studied
    many forums inc this one and tried many diff. recommended solutions, but to no
    avail....so I am posting to plea for help to end my misery and
    frustration....here are the details for u techies :)

    -running IE 7 Vista home
    - works in firefox, not IE7
    - youtube won't work - shows the usual error message about javascript etc
    - tried the usual uninstall, reinstall combos, in admin and not in admin mode
    etc
    - however i find when i right click and run as admin flash in xanga
    works....however not youtube
    -i suspect admin permissions issue?
    -i find i cannot install flash 9 via website, it just doesnt load and the pop
    up doesnt occur...so i installed standalone and it is able to install
    - i have no third party firewall etc, i turned down security settings to
    minimal in IE, rid of pop up in IE and ensured usual java, enable scripts etc
    are on

    any help would be appreciated

    eug4emi Guest

  2. #2

    Hi eug4emi,

    If this issue is related to incorrect permissions in the Windows system
    registry, we have been using the following instructions to resolve these issues.

    Please download the following to your desktop.

    http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip

    1. unzip the ?reset_minimal.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop

    *** Make sure both files are on the desktop***

    2. Close out all applications
    3. Run the ?reset.cmd? file
    4. It will open a DOS like terminal
    5. When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?
    6. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

    www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Darren Guest

  3. #3

    [q]Originally posted by: Darren McNally - Adobe
    Hi eug4emi,

    If this issue is related to incorrect permissions in the Windows system
    registry, we have been using the following instructions to resolve these issues.

    Please download the following to your desktop.

    http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip

    1. unzip the ?reset_minimal.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop

    *** Make sure both files are on the desktop***

    2. Close out all applications
    3. Run the ?reset.cmd? file
    4. It will open a DOS like terminal
    5. When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?
    6. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

    www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer[/q]

    thanks Darren, however it didn't work for me, is there something I did wrong,
    some q's here

    - do i uninstall flash b4 doing the reset min?
    - do i run as admin for reset min
    - do i need to run the other file in the zip file?
    - attached dump of the reset min not sure if ok, it shows no privledges etc
    - if all steps are fine, then when I went to adobe site, it won't download,
    just the loading bar then goes to next page with browser showing errors on page
    and no installation confirmation flash.

    Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0
    Last Done :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.4

    Last Failed:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.4
    : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access is denied.

    WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be
    requ
    ired.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.5 : 2 The
    syst
    em cannot find the file specified.

    Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0
    Last Done :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.5

    Last Failed:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.5
    : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access is denied.

    WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be
    requ
    ired.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.6 : 2 The
    syst
    em cannot find the file specified.

    Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0
    Last Done :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.6

    Last Failed:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.6
    : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access is denied.

    WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be
    requ
    ired.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.7 : 2 The
    syst
    em cannot find the file specified.

    Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0
    Last Done :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.7

    Last Failed:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.7
    : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access is denied.

    WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be
    requ
    ired.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.8 : 2 The
    syst
    em cannot find the file specified.

    Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0
    Last Done :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.8

    Last Failed:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.8
    : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access is denied.

    WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be
    requ
    ired.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.9 : 2 The
    syst
    em cannot find the file specified.

    Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0
    Last Done :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.9

    Last Failed:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.9
    : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access is denied.

    WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be
    requ
    ired.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{D27CDB6 E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}
    : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0
    Last Done :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{D27CDB6 E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-
    444553540000}
    Last Failed:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{D27CDB6 E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-
    444553540000} : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access is denied.

    WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be
    requ
    ired.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash : 2 The
    system
    cannot find the file specified.

    Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0
    Last Done : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash
    Last Failed: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash
    :
    2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access is denied.

    WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be
    requ
    ired.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.1 : 2 The
    syst
    em cannot find the file specified.

    Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0
    Last Done :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.1

    Last Failed:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.1
    : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access is denied.

    WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be
    requ
    ired.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.3 : 2 The
    syst
    em cannot find the file specified.

    Elapsed Time: 00 00:00:00
    Done: 1, Modified 0, Failed 1, Syntax errors 0
    Last Done :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.3

    Last Failed:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.3
    : 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

    SeSecurityPrivilege : Access is denied.

    WARNING :Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be
    requ
    ired.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ShockwaveFlash .ShockwaveFlash.4 : 2 The

  4. #4

    Are you logged in as the Admin on this machine?
    Darren Guest

  5. #5

    not when i did the reset min, i just opened it without run as admin..

    do you want me to restart and log in as admin and try it?
    eug4emi Guest

  6. #6

    i logged in as admin then ran that reset min again from desktop

    then uninstalled flash using the exe from adobe, then tried going to the adobe
    website to install flas, but it won't even show me the download install link!

    eug4emi Guest

  7. #7

    Hi eug4emi,

    I will open a case for you to help get this resolved. Please send me a private
    message with your full name, email and phone number. To send a private message
    just select the ?Send Private Message? listed under my name on the left side of
    the forum panel.

    After we fix the issue we can post the reason and solution to help others.

    Darren Guest

  8. #8

    pm-ed
    eug4emi Guest

  9. #9

    pm-ed
    eug4emi Guest

  10. #10

    Okay I just sent you an email... reply when you are ready to work on the issue.

    For others that read this post... after we identify the issue we will post the solution here.
    Darren Guest

  11. #11

    I am looking for an answer to my problem . After the download my IE7 closes
    when I play games . It usually happens when I try to play ames online like
    pogo.com. According to error has to due with iexplore.exe and flash9eocx. Can
    someone help? please!:frown; OS Windows XP Home Edition

    Ms Guest