Professional Web Applications Themes

Help Cant Install Indesign!!! - Adobe Indesign Windows

After over 90 mins with Adobe on tech support they said they would have to clal me back. Seems we tried everything known to man. I ended up uninstalling everything and trying again. Now I cant get Indesgn cs or Photoshop to install either. Everything is selected properly but for some reason you click on the program shortcuts in the start menu and you get an error as the programs did not install properly. Does anyone have ideas on this issue. Is this problem isolated to me! I am working on a tight deadline this weekend and need to have ...

  1. #1

    Default Help Cant Install Indesign!!!

    After over 90 mins with Adobe on tech support they said they would have to clal me back. Seems we tried everything known to man. I ended up uninstalling everything and trying again. Now I cant get Indesgn cs or Photoshop to install either.

    Everything is selected properly but for some reason you click on the program shortcuts in the start menu and you get an error as the programs did not install properly. Does anyone have ideas on this issue. Is this problem isolated to me! I am working on a tight deadline this weekend and need to have those programs functional.

    Thanks
    Robert

    THis is a brand new package with activation and such.
    robert_weisberg@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help Cant Install Indesign!!!

    Did you log into your machine as the administrator before installing?
    Ben Dupre Guest

  3. #3

    Did you log into your machine as the administrator before installing?

    If you don't log in with administrator rights, Windows usually has a window that pops up and tells you you need to log in with administrator rights when you attempt to install a program. Robert said he was on the phone with Tech Support for 90 minutes, I think they would have figured out that he wasn't logged in as an administrator in the first 5 minutes.

    Seems we tried everything known to man.

    What about restoring your system?
    The problem you describe sounds like it could be an Operating System issue.
    A good thing to have handy in my experience is a software known as Norton System Works. It has a utility called WinDoctor that finds and fixes Windows problems. It also comes with an easy to use software called Ghost. Ghost allows you to save an image of your hard drive to CD or DVD in case disaster strikes. With Ghost you can start your computer from the last backup copy you've made on to a CD when everything was working perfectly on your system and when you restore from it, it will only take anywhere between 5 to 30 minutes. Depending on how much you have installed on your C drive.

    I'm mentioning this software since the best option would be to run a clean install of your Windows operating system to ensure stability. It is going to take you 3 hours minimum time to install Windows again from scratch and re-install whatever programs you had before the formatting and re-installation of Windows. You will have to set up all your Windows settings to you liking again, i.e. wallpaper, folder view settings, sounds etc.

    With Ghost, it's like if you had taken a snapshot of your hard drive and it puts everything back the way you had it in minutes, operating system and everything.

    I hate to sound like a commercial but having Norton System Works can really save you hours of frustration and computer problem headaches.

    I think what you should do in the mean time is wait until Tech Support calls you back and then decide what you are going to do if they are not able to resolve your installation problems. You may need to re-install everything again but sometimes it's just a little tweaking of the OS and everything turns out fine.

    THis is a brand new package with activation and such.

    You didn't mention if you are trying to install ID CS or ID 2.0. If you had mentioned ID CS at least I would know you are not on Windows 95, 98 or ME and I would also know you're on a more refined OS.

    Please answer the following questions.

    What version of ID are you referring to and what OS are you running?
    Do you have multiple OSs installed?
    Are you on a Network?
    Are you protected by the latest and greatest AntiVirus defenitions?
    Are you using SpyBot?
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    No multiple os
    Winxp pro
    We are not on a network
    we have no viruses
    we have no spyware
    I have never in all my years of computing had hassles such as this. I know people often bash msft but the work to backup and compltely reinstall everything on this hard drive is many hours of work. I have more than one hard drive on this system. It doesnt work if I install to one of those. I canse see why adobe has done such a poor job with this.

    Rob
    robert_weisberg@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    this is not a network. I have full priviges to add and remove any software.

    Rob
    robert_weisberg@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I have never in all my years of computing had hassles such as this. I
    know people often bash msft but the work to backup and compltely reinstall
    everything on this hard drive is many hours of work. I have more than
    one hard drive on this system. It doesnt work if I install to one of those.
    I canse see why adobe has done such a poor job with this.

    Thousand and thousands of people are running the software without a hitch and just because it doesn't work on YOUR machine then Adobe has a problem? I think not. What you are describing is YOUR problem, not Adobe's. You've pretty much said that you think it's too much work to do a complete system teardown and re-install. Well, boo hoo. What you makes you think any of the rest of us enjoy it? I do it twice a year out of basic maintenance and, not including games, I have about 120 applications to install - it takes me 2 days.

    If you're not willing to do your share of problem solving, especially when the problem is almost certainly on YOUR end, then you have no room to call out Adobe.
    Michael_S._Flynn@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hold on a second here. I have seem numerous posts on this board about people having trouble installing the suite. Just read the posts where people had to copy both cds to the hard drive and follow that process to install the programs, if they could even get it to work. There most definitely is a problem with the install routines on the software. It is also a problem that you cant install the single programs on their own once you have attempted to install the suite.

    Its one thing to plan a yearly tear down and reinstall or whatever, it is another thing when you need to spend hours to install a software suite. I would accept a problem on my end somehow, but not after reading all the posts on this board.

    Rob
    robert_weisberg@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Go find a user to user forum where the problems don't outweigh
    everything else. That's why most people post. There are hundreds of
    thousands of people not having problems.

    Bob

    Robert_Levine@adobeforums.com Guest