Professional Web Applications Themes

help for more difficult questions? - Macromedia Freehand

Just wondering if there are any other resources besides this (and paying $99 to ask one question!!!) for FreeHand support? I've posted what I'm guessing is a fairly difficult question, twice, with no response. Do the moderators just ignore the more difficult questions and stick to the "how do you cut and paste" variety only? Sorry, but I'm a bit frustrated. I've been using FreeHand since version 1 and have rarely asked for outside help (I'm usually the one people come to for help), but I could use some help now....

  1. #1

    Default help for more difficult questions?

    Just wondering if there are any other resources besides this (and paying $99 to
    ask one question!!!) for FreeHand support? I've posted what I'm guessing is a
    fairly difficult question, twice, with no response. Do the moderators just
    ignore the more difficult questions and stick to the "how do you cut and paste"
    variety only? Sorry, but I'm a bit frustrated. I've been using FreeHand since
    version 1 and have rarely asked for outside help (I'm usually the one people
    come to for help), but I could use some help now.

    bastokyg Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: help for more difficult questions?

    I read your original post but couldn't give any definative fix. I
    use a Mac now but I did work at a corporation that used PeeCees.
    Since no one else offered help, here are some things I can think of.

    Are you in a corporation/company that has an IT department? I
    know in my former company the IT people locked the dll (dynamic
    link library) files. That avoided a lot of problems for them but
    caused a lot of problems for users. If you have an IT department,
    talk to them.

    You could do a search on the file. I forget the location, but I
    there is a utility like Sherlock on the Mac that will find files.
    It might be in Settings? You could do a search and see if the
    file is in two locations. Maybe FH can't find the default
    location and then picks up the file in the second place.

    If you have a computer that has a good install, you could check
    the location of the file and then make the errant computer to match.

    You might check with Microsoft to see if they have more
    information on dll file conventions.

    Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck.

    dp

    bastokyg wrote:
    > Just wondering if there are any other resources besides this (and paying $99 to
    > ask one question!!!) for FreeHand support? I've posted what I'm guessing is a
    > fairly difficult question, twice, with no response. Do the moderators just
    > ignore the more difficult questions and stick to the "how do you cut and paste"
    > variety only? Sorry, but I'm a bit frustrated. I've been using FreeHand since
    > version 1 and have rarely asked for outside help (I'm usually the one people
    > come to for help), but I could use some help now.

    D. Plank Guest

  3. #3

    This is mainly a user-to-user forum. Mac-only users like me will likely not
    be able to help you with Windows questions. We seldom see Macromedia
    employees around here. They ignore all of us!

    The best way to search previous posts to this newsgroup is with Google
    Advanced Group Search:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search[/url]
    Use
    macromedia.freehand
    as the newsgroup name.

    Judy Arndt

    bastokyg wrote:
    > Just wondering if there are any other resources besides this (and paying $99
    > to ask one question!!!) for FreeHand support? I've posted what I'm guessing is
    > a fairly difficult question, twice, with no response. Do the moderators just
    > ignore the more difficult questions and stick to the "how do you cut and
    > paste" variety only? Sorry, but I'm a bit frustrated. I've been using FreeHand
    > since version 1 and have rarely asked for outside help (I'm usually the one
    > people come to for help), but I could use some help now.

    Judy Arndt Guest