Greetings!

I've installed Apache 2.0.xx and PHP 4.3.2. I want to use Ming as a module
to PHP. The instructions that came with Ming say to:

as a php module (unix)
download php_ming.so.gz
uncompress it and copy it to your php modules directory
(you can find your php module directory by running php-config
--extension-dir)
Now either just add 'extension=php_ming.so' to your php.ini file, or put
'dl('php_ming.so');' at the head of all of your Ming scripts.

I ran php-config --extension-dir and put the php_ming.so file there but it
wouldn't work. I got an error message in my Apache2 error log saying

PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './php_ming.so' -
../php_ming.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in
Unknown on line 0

The entry in my php.ini file for extensions is ./

I put the extension=php_ming.so in the php.ini file.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to add an entry to my
httpd.conf file?

Eric