Professional Web Applications Themes

Help Me!!!! - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

How do I create form mail scripts. I have a website in which I created a page for people to leave information such as name and so on. My question is that how do I create the page without using codes. I did the website in design format....

  1. #1

    Default Help Me!!!!

    How do I create form mail scripts. I have a website in which I created a page
    for people to leave information such as name and so on. My question is that how
    do I create the page without using codes. I did the website in design format.

    msandrea0929 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help Me!!!!

    There are many different form mail scripts depending on your capabilities. You
    can use any serverside script, or if your server has the capabilities you can
    use cgi and there are others out there. I would suggest using a serverside
    script, because it has the most customizable mail output.

    Clukey Guest

  3. #3

    cgi is a server-side script, too....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Clukey" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > There are many different form mail scripts depending on your capabilities.
    > You
    > can use any serverside script, or if your server has the capabilities you
    > can
    > use cgi and there are others out there. I would suggest using a serverside
    > script, because it has the most customizable mail output.

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  4. #4

    My issue is a bit simpler, I have a template I have built my site from a
    template but I am trying to get all the functions on line. I have a response
    form set up and I have the input boxes working fine accept I can't get the
    submit button to work. I want it to send to an email address without popping
    open an email form, just transmit the info to an address. Is this possible?

    Lazurous Guest

  5. #5

    There are only two ways to process form data -

    1. Use mailto:namedomain.com as the action of the form
    2. Use a server-side scripting method to a) harvest the form's data, b)
    process it in some manner, e.g., enter it into a database, c) formulate and
    send an email to one or more email recipients, and d) redirect the visitor
    to some ending page

    Method 1 is quite simple, and is also the least reliable. It depends both
    on your visitor having an email client already installed on their computer -
    this eliminates public computers, or home users without email clients
    installed (more and more it seems) - and on the installed email client
    responding to
    the mailto call. It is not possible to use this method *and* send the
    visitor to a
    thank you page as well.

    Method 2 is the preferred method, since it eliminates the problems of method
    1, but it means that you have to grapple with server-scripting somehow (ASP,
    CF, PHP, perl, etc.).

    You would have to decide which of these methods is best for your needs,
    but if it's Method 2, then start by asking your host what they provide for
    form
    processing.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Lazurous" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > My issue is a bit simpler, I have a template I have built my site from a
    > template but I am trying to get all the functions on line. I have a
    > response
    > form set up and I have the input boxes working fine accept I can't get the
    > submit button to work. I want it to send to an email address without
    > popping
    > open an email form, just transmit the info to an address. Is this
    > possible?

    Murray *ACE* Guest