Professional Web Applications Themes

help on email/forms - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

i am new to dw and bought ms version 6. i need help on creating a reservation form for potential customers to submit basic info like personal info, number of guests, number of beds, what type of room/condo/apartment/cottage etc. i also want to insert a calendar for from and to reservation dates, checkboxes, radio buttons, list boxes, text areas for comments or questions, credit card info and all that stuff. the form data need to be saved somehow and automatically emailed to us. I AM SO NEW AT THIS I HAVE NO CLUE WERE TO START.. i did not know ...

  1. #1

    Default help on email/forms

    i am new to dw and bought ms version 6. i need help on creating a reservation
    form for potential customers to submit basic info like personal info, number of
    guests, number of beds, what type of room/condo/apartment/cottage etc.

    i also want to insert a calendar for from and to reservation dates,
    checkboxes, radio buttons, list boxes, text areas for comments or questions,
    credit card info and all that stuff. the form data need to be saved somehow
    and automatically emailed to us. I AM SO NEW AT THIS I HAVE NO CLUE WERE TO
    START..

    i did not know any better and inherited this job and that sorry excuse for web
    software called frontpage, so I started out behind the 8 ball. any tutorials,
    links or whatever i need would be helpful. i also need to know how websites
    get around having to use the browser's default email program "magically" send
    the form to our inbox in yahoo mail.

    thanks for reading this, i would appreciate any help in the right direction.
    you can also send stuff to com. thank you, joe

    bvnseven Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: help on email/forms

    I am in the same boat. I have used statich HTML pages and a little bit of
    Dynamic but have never used a program to p and auto-email form data. I look
    forward to any and all posts related to your question.

    LB

    Mobilebyrd Guest

  3. #3

    >i am new to dw and bought ms version 6

    Uh oh. Are you on a Mac or a PC? Where did you buy this? Is it version
    6.0 or version 6.1?

    You can tell for sure by getting the version # from the executable file -

    On a PC it's in the Program Files/Macromedia/Dreamweaver 6 folder, and on a
    Mac, it's in the Applications : Macromedia Dreamweaver 6 folder. Find it
    and on a PC use a right click > PROPERTIES | Version tab > you will find the
    version there like 6.0.####. On the Mac you'd select it and Get Info, and
    look for a similar version number.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "bvnseven" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  4. #4

    > I AM SO NEW AT THIS I HAVE NO CLUE WERE TO

    This is not good news for you. But start here -

    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/develop_web_application.html

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

  5. #5

    what executable? in program files/dw/what file??? the only thing i did was the
    help/about and it said 6.0, the cd key starts out with wsw600-. if i load the
    program and right click all i get is page properties and that is not what you
    mean. the version is a pc/microsoft version. i don't know where else to look,
    and i would not think there would be all that much difference between 6.0 and
    6.1 as that is a minor upgrade. I just need pointed in the right direction
    with some help every so often to somewhat smooth out the potholes in the road...

    bvnseven Guest

  6. #6

    Program Files/Macromedia/Dreamweaver MX/dreamweaver.exe

    That is the file you want to look for.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "bvnseven" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  7. #7

    version 6.0.1714.0. now what?
    bvnseven Guest

  8. #8

    bvnseven wrote:

    Bad news, I'm afraid.

    Extract from a Macromedia announcement a few years ago:

    "The release version of Dreamweaver MX 6.0 is build 1722, and build 1714
    was only released to a small group of beta testers under a
    non-disclosure agreement. Beta testers received the final build of
    Dreamweaver MX at the completion of the beta program. Because build 1714
    is not a commercial release, it cannot be updated and should not be used
    for any purpose as it is not a legally licensed version of Dreamweaver MX."

    Whoever sold you your copy of Dreamweaver, sold you a dud.

    --
    David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
    Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)

  9. #9

    And the nasty thing is - you have no idea what else might be in that dud....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "David Powers" <com> wrote in message

    > Bad news, I'm afraid.
    >
    > Extract from a Macromedia announcement a few years ago:
    >
    > "The release version of Dreamweaver MX 6.0 is build 1722, and build 1714
    > was only released to a small group of beta testers under a non-disclosure
    > agreement. Beta testers received the final build of Dreamweaver MX at the
    > completion of the beta program. Because build 1714 is not a commercial
    > release, it cannot be updated and should not be used for any purpose as it
    > is not a legally licensed version of Dreamweaver MX."
    >
    > Whoever sold you your copy of Dreamweaver, sold you a dud.
    >
    > --
    > David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
    > Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
    > Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
    > http://foundationphp.com/[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  10. #10

    the rest of the cds are legal, and the seller is a long time macromedia
    customer. he did tell me he sent the beta by mistake. i find that hard to
    believe because it was not on an original cd and he had to burn the installer
    to cd and write on it in magic marker-very legal, lmao...

    he is going to call adobe and see what can be done to remedy the situation and
    get me upgrade rights by getting a legal key. his intent was not to deceive, i
    am pretty sure of that.

    where the heck is all the help on here? this is supposed to be a forum/help
    resource?? i would be better off going on ebay and buying a book if this is
    the help i get. is there really anyone on here that knows anything about
    email and/or forms?

    bvnseven Guest

  11. #11

    You got help, right?

    The email/form question has been answered thousands of times both here and
    on the main DW forum (which is where you should be posting this). Help
    yourself by using search to find it. But until you get a legal copy of the
    program, nobody here will help you. To search effectively, use this -

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver

    He's a pirate - plain and simple.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575