Professional Web Applications Themes

Help required for the Challenge - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I am working many, many so have little time during the week to try and recover my hard drive, after an unsuccessful weekend. So what I need is a few good images so I can continue the challenge. Grant...

  1. #1

    Default Help required for the Challenge

    I am working many, many so have little time during the week to try and
    recover my hard drive, after an unsuccessful weekend. So what I need is a
    few good images so I can continue the challenge.

    Grant

    Doreen Dixon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help required for the Challenge

    Grant,

    What are the requirements for an image for you to take it into the challenge?

    It would make it easier to know this, as undoubtedly a lot of people would want to sent a picture for your challenge.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  3. #3

    Robert,

    Requirements?? Your discretion....:). Grant can resize to the usual offerings of a medium and large jpg. He does have broadband.

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  4. #4

    Nancy,

    I thought that in some other thread it was Grant who stated that he has set his internetsettings in such a way that an attachment larger then 1Mb would not come through. This to avoid his mailbox from clogging up.
    But I must have misread or may be it was some one else making this comment.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  5. #5

    Robert,

    I think you are correct that a 1Mb file would be a polite size to email Grant. He downsizes to just under 1Mb for the large and substantially smaller for the medium version. The two versions are a politeness on his part, I believe, owing to the vast difference in download speed capability of the users (broadband vs dialup).

    Grant's aim was to 'level the playing field' as much as possible with the Challenges, thus the size restriction of 100Kb on submitted images (though he won't reject an image for a couple extra Kbs), he is a very thoughtful and sensible guy. If people's images were huge, certainly those with dialup would become frustrated and not participate, which would lessen the greatness of the Challenges for all of us.

    I have been out of the state for about 10 days (and not on the internet) so I was doing a little catching up tonight and read several of your recent posts. Seems like you've got the right idea...solicit opinions, listen well, understand, be unafraid to ask again if needed, form your own opinions/methods from what sounds like the best bits from all posters. Most importantly...using PSE and doing the Challenges....HAVE FUN!!

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  6. #6

    I've been curious about this too. I have one or two images that I suppose could be challenge material. I would think you'd want to upload the original image, just as it came out of the camera, so as to preserve the image fidelity. Then Grant can adjust image size and jpeg compression as necessary for the subsequent "downloadable" images.

    Dan
    DS Nelson Guest

  7. #7

    Robert,

    Don't wait to enter your pictures in to the challenge! That is one of the
    basic things about the challenge; having amateurs like us making entries,
    sharing ideas, and being part of a place of inspiration for all.

    So lets go! ... Send em in!

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  8. #8

    Robert,

    Excuse me please if you already knew this....

    thousands of excellent tutorials are accessible thru the internet

    don't shy away from those which were written for full Photoshop, especially during what will be, your short stay in the 'Beginner'(sp?) tutorial category. Though full PS has a larger armory of tools, most of the tutorials will be beneficial anyway.

    One of this forum's "own", has a superb website on PS and PSE. Jay's presentation of material is unsurpassed. He is also an outstanding artist, of whom I am in awe. I'd recommend you surf on over to his site and 'dig in'. We'll see you again come Fall :) ________you might be surprised at the length of your visit there! A search on Google will also yield tons of PSE tutorials.

    This link is just to open the door on Jay's site, it's quite vast.
    <http://www.arraich.com/elements/psE_intro.htm>

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  9. #9

    Thank you all for convincing me that entering the challenge is also something for beginners like me.

    Ironeously entering the challenge is no longer miles away, now that Grant chose one of the images I sent in to help him out.

    I owed it to myself to then also enter an image as an artist. Actually I entered two images. I hope they will obtain the juries approval.

    There you go I leaped in the deep end.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  10. #10