Professional Web Applications Themes

Help setting these headers/footers and margins in my book - Adobe Acrobat Windows

Margin In Inches Book Size In Inches 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Top/0.7 Bottom/3.2 Left/2.25 Right/2.25 Header/0.5 Footer/3 I see only top bottom inside and outside under Margins and colums. How do I set the header and footer? Is the inside and outside setting the same as left and right? Thank you!!!!...

  1. #1

    Default Help setting these headers/footers and margins in my book

    Dr._Karen_Brady@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Please describe, in more detail, what you are doing, what sort of files you are working with and what is not correct. It sounds like you have made a PDF out of something & it doesn't look like you wanted it to. That is not a lot of information to work with.
    Fr._Watson@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Okay I am trying to make a book.
    I opened a new doent and began importing my previous illustrations. They caused printing problems because they were rgbs
    and I bought photoshop to convert to cmyk. Now I can print and did a test load to the online printer. All is now working well. I am left with one final hurdle. Implementing the a fore mentioned settings for the book I am sending to print. I had originally created the illustrations in windows paint. I am creating text in the text frames. I hope this answers your questions. I really appreciate your help! This is a full color children's picture book. I have more than 50 to publish and I am getting the hang of this. Thanks again.
    Dr._Karen_Brady@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I opened a new doent

    Is this a Word doent or a doent in some other format? What is the method you are using to try to convert this doent to a PDF? You might also find it helpful to visit the Photoshop Forum Here. <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14.ee6b366>
    Fr._Watson@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    I created the whole doent in the Indesign CS with the exception of imported illustrations (mentioned above)
    Using all the tools in the Photoshop and Indesign have been great. When I can get the margins headers and footers set per the questioned posed in my first posting I will then simpley use the Instant Publishers preset printer setting (a print on demand Print Driver)and it is upl;oaded to their site where they will print for me and make books.
    Dr._Karen_Brady@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I created the whole doent in the Indesign CS

    Unless I am mistaken, you might get more informed answers in the Indesign Forum; <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14.ee6b33c> I have no experience with Indesign at all, and this seems to me where you would set margins & the like. Certainly Acrobat is NOT the easiest program in the world to add headers and footers in (Acrobat is NOT a word processor, however much it may appear to resemble one). You will still likely need to give more information about how exactly you are creating the PDF from the Indesign file.
    Fr._Watson@adobeforums.com Guest