Professional Web Applications Themes

HELP! SSI.htm server model - invalid config. Ino. - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

:frown; This is the SECOND time I've had this issue. I had it in my older version of Contribute, which prompted me to purchase Contribute 4.0 I installed Contribute 4.0 and things were working well for months. [My Web Administrator is in the hospital, however, I have full access to edit our web site using Contribute - he gave me a Sitekey, a password, etc. and I have the ftp server name, user name and password.] I was able to edit every page, but today, something happened. After I logged onto the Site Key, I received this message: "The following ...

  1. #1

    Default HELP! SSI.htm server model - invalid config. Ino.

    :frown;
    This is the SECOND time I've had this issue. I had it in my older version of
    Contribute, which prompted me to purchase Contribute 4.0

    I installed Contribute 4.0 and things were working well for months.

    [My Web Administrator is in the hospital, however, I have full access to edit
    our web site using Contribute - he gave me a Sitekey, a password, etc. and I
    have the ftp server name, user name and password.]

    I was able to edit every page, but today, something happened. After I logged
    onto the Site Key, I received this message:

    "The following translators were not loaded due to errors: Server Model SSI.htm
    has configuration information that is invalid."

    I re-installed my software, rebooted the system and the error is still there.
    I can connect to my web site and access allpages, but I can no longer edit.

    Please advise as I cannot bother the Administrator in the hospital.

    Many thanks.

    Give2theTroops Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: HELP! SSI.htm server model - invalid config. Ino.

    Andi,

    How did you resolve this problem? I am having the same issue with one of my
    users and the environment has not changed. I am the administrator but find
    little to no information to assist those of us that "administer" Contribute.

    I see the post is from last year and never got a response in the forums but I
    am hopeful that you can shed some light on this situation. Thanks!

    Vince

    awelendam2 Guest

  3. #3

    I am having a similar problem. I am taking over editing functions from a very
    ill administrator. I have been able to connect using the connection key and
    password she provided. When I click on the "edit" button, I get this message:
    "You can't edit this page now because jane doe is currently editing it. Please
    contact jane doe for assistance." She assured me when she gave me the
    installation software and emailed the connection key that she had deactivate
    her computer. Any ideas?

    spiritofyoga Guest

  4. #4

    Hello SpiritOfYoga

    To resolve that problem you need only delete the .LCK file associated with the
    html page you are trying to edit. To do so you will need access to the
    directory via FTP or have your web server administrator delete that file. That
    is not a normal process; typicall you would have the user open and then close
    the file but since she is (apparently) not able to do so deleting the LCK file
    would appear to be the best resolution.

    I've had to do that numerous times when a user was away from the office but I
    knew for a fact that they were not actually editing the doent.

    Hope that helps!

    Vince

    awelendam2 Guest

  5. #5

    Thank you for your suggestions. I don't know if I have access to the directory via FTP without our "out of commission administrator's" help. I have something to try at least.
    spiritofyoga Guest

  6. #6

    Lightbulb Re: HELP! SSI.htm server model - invalid config. Ino.

    the following translator were not loaded due to errors:Server Model SSI.htm...

    Solve :

    1. Close the Dreamweaver, if it is already open.
    2. Open this folder: “C:\Doents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration”
    3. Delete the file “WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat“ or "MacFileCache-.......dat" (delete file .dat)
    4. Done! Lets start the Dreamweaver :)
    Prasert Prempakon is offline Junior Member
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Prasert Prempakon View Post
    the following translator were not loaded due to errors:Server Model SSI.htm...

    Solve :

    1. Close the Dreamweaver, if it is already open.
    2. Open this folder: “C:\Doents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration”
    3. Delete the file “WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat“ or "MacFileCache-.......dat" (delete file .dat)
    4. Done! Lets start the Dreamweaver :)
    ----

    Thank you, this worked for me...

    Dennis Triplett ( Responded 2/28/2012)