Hello,

As a first step, I want the outgoing email work. Currently
I cannot send email using sendmail on RH8.0. The error
message:
type 1:
$cat MailTest.txt | /usr/sbin/sendmail -tv
: Name server timeout
[email]gokkog[/email]... Transient p error -- message queued for future delivery
[email]gokkog[/email]... queued

type 2:
$cat MailTest.txt | /usr/sbin/sendmail -tv
[email]gokkog[/email]... Connecting to [localhost] via relay...
/home/gokkog/dead.letter... Saved message in /home/gokkog/dead.letter

I wonder that there are several directions I could
dig into:
a) dynamic DNS. I have applied a dynamic DNS service, who merely has
an entry: [url]www.mywebsitename.com[/url] my_public_ip
And my DNS setting in the router pointed to the ISP's name server.

Should I do something to let the DNS setting in the router pointed
also to the dynamic DNS service's name server? Why?

b) sendmail.cf: I never edit it under RH8.0. Perhaps I should modify
some setting for the sendmail to be used to send emails out side
of my LAN (behinder the ADSL router)?

c) local Linux name server/domain setting. Perhaps I should modify
some config file to point my [url]www.mywebsitename.com[/url] locally?

BTW, I have Mozilla and it can be used to send out emails (by test:
seting return path as [email]gokkog[/email], and sent to [email]gokkog[/email])
Sometimes I got some weird error (tests on my out yahoo mail):
Reporting-MTA: dns; blanche.bazaar
Received-From-MTA: DNS; blanche.bazaar
Arrival-Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:02:17 +0800

Final-Recipient: RFC822; [email]gokkog[/email]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; mx1.mail.
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 500 error
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:02:18 +0800

Thanks all for you time!
Wenjie