Professional Web Applications Themes

Help w/ setting up ASP.NET pls. - ASP.NET General

I'm trying to set up ASP.NET on my Windows 2000 server w/ IIS 5 and MS ISA Server. Here's what I have done so far without any luck. Here's the results from the pages I've created [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/myfirstcustompage.aspx[/url] and [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/newfile.aspx[/url] Okay, I went into dos, and in the v1.1.4322, entered aspnet_regiis and then realized I forgot the parameter of - c, so I did aspnet-regiis -c and it said: btw, the -c parameter is this Install the client side scripts for this version to the aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory. C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspnet_ regiis -c Start copying the ASP.NET client side ...

  1. #1

    Default Help w/ setting up ASP.NET pls.

    I'm trying to set up ASP.NET on my Windows 2000 server w/ IIS 5 and MS ISA
    Server. Here's what I have done so far without any luck.
    Here's the results from the pages I've created
    [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/myfirstcustompage.aspx[/url] and
    [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/newfile.aspx[/url]

    Okay, I went into dos, and in the v1.1.4322, entered
    aspnet_regiis and then realized I forgot the parameter of -
    c, so I did aspnet-regiis -c and it said:
    btw, the -c parameter is this
    Install the client side scripts for this version to the
    aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory.

    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspnet_ regiis -c
    Start copying the ASP.NET client side script files for
    this version (1.1.4322.0).
    Finished copying the ASP.NET client side script files for
    this version (1.1.4322.0).

    I restarted all services and then server has since been rebooted and my aspx
    pages are still not working. Would anyone be able to assist me in deploying
    asp.net with windows 2000 server?

    Thanks for your help
    Jm
    c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\....

    >Lionel Schiepers.
    >
    >"Jm" <e_jmchotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> How can I configure the Default ASP.NET Framework to
    work with existing
    >> websites? I see it on windows 2000 server, and in the
    admin tools,
    >> as v.1.1. I also see it in the ADCU. But when I try to
    go to my pages that
    >> are aspx, they don't work.
    >>
    >> I'm a newbie with the ASP.NET, thanks for reading my
    post.

    --
    Jm
    [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com[/url]
    [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/catalog.htm[/url] (Website Templates)
    [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/aspforum[/url] (Brand New Free Forum)
    Go Ahead, Check it out, after all, it's free!

    Jm Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help w/ setting up ASP.NET pls.

    Did you mean to use the -i switch rather than just -c ?

    After that you need to run iisreset from the command line.

    --
    Microsoft MVPs have a question for *you*: Are you patched against the Worm?
    [url]http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp[/url]

    --
    Jm
    [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com[/url]
    [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/catalog.htm[/url] (Website Templates)
    [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/aspforum[/url] (Brand New Free Forum)
    Go Ahead, Check it out, after all, it's free!

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] Guest

  3. #3

    a) What exactly was I doing when I put the -c instead of the -i?

    b) Why would someone tell me to do -c, did I hurt or mess anything up?

    c)Assuming that running iisreset from command is the same as restarting the
    iis services from IIS MMC or Admin Tools | Services?

    My pages should work after the reset?

    Thanks for your help. A million thanks

  4. #4

    Hi JM,

    The -c switch installs the client (*.js) scripts, not the complete
    installation. No harm done, just not enough done.

    As you can see below, the -i switch does the job.

    Let us know how you make out?

    Ken

    -i - Install this version of ASP.NET and update scriptmaps
    at the IIS metabase root and for all scriptmaps below
    the root. Existing scriptmaps of lower version are
    upgraded to this version.
    -ir - Install this version of ASP.NET, register only. Do
    not update scriptmaps in IIS.
    -enable - When -enable is specified with -i or -ir, ASP.NET will also
    be enabled in the IIS security console (IIS 6.0 or later).
    -s <path> - Install scriptmaps for this version at the specified path,
    recursively. Existing scriptmaps of lower version are
    upgraded to this version.
    E.g. aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/SampleApp1
    -sn <path> - Install scriptmaps for this version at the specified path,
    non-recursively. Existing scriptmaps of lower version are
    upgraded to this version.
    -r - Install scriptmaps for this version at the IIS metabase
    root and for all scriptmaps below the root. All existing
    scriptmaps are changed to this version, regardless of
    current version.
    -u - Uninstall this version of ASP.NET. Existing scriptmaps
    to this version are remapped to highest remaining
    version of ASP.NET installed on the machine.
    -ua - Uninstall all versions of ASP.NET on the machine
    -k <path> - Remove all scriptmaps to any version of ASP.NET from the
    specified path, recursively.
    E.g. aspnet_regiis.exe -k W3SVC/1/ROOT/SampleApp1
    -kn <path> - Remove all scriptmaps to any version ASP.NET from the
    specified path, non-recursively.
    -lv - List all versions of ASP.NET that are installed on the
    machine, with status and installation path.
    -lk - List all the path of all IIS metabase keys where ASP.NET is
    scriptmapped, together with the version. Keys that inherit
    ASP.NET scriptmaps from a parent key will not be displayed.
    -c - Install the client side scripts for this version to the
    aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory.
    -e - Remove the client side scripts for this version from the
    aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory.
    -ea - Remove the client side scripts for all versions from the
    aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory.
    -? - Print this help text.

  5. #5

    WOW

    If that was all I had to do. Wow. I had people give me articles like
    this from MSDN:
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT01.asp[/url]
    and others similar to it. I think it's working, I believe I have an error on
    the coding for one of the pages
    ([url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/myfirstcustompage.aspx[/url]), and the other simple one
    seems to be working ([url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/newfile.aspx[/url]). Now, I need to
    learn ASP.NET and if you have any good resources I would very much
    appreciate your recommendations. I'm taking the tutorial from
    [url]http://www.asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx[/url] so far.

    Thank you a million!

    --

> [...]
    > > [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/myfirstcustompage.aspx[/url] and
    > > [url]www.jmconsultingllc.com/newfile.aspx[/url]
    > >
    > > Okay, I went into dos, and in the v1.1.4322, entered
    > > aspnet_regiis and then realized I forgot the parameter of -
    > > c, so I did aspnet-regiis -c and it said:
    > > btw, the -c parameter is this
    > > Install the client side scripts for this version to the
    > > aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory.
    > >
    > > C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspnet_ regiis -c
    > > Start copying the ASP.NET client side script files for
    > > this version (1.1.4322.0).
    > > Finished copying the ASP.NET client side script files for
    > > this version (1.1.4322.0).
    > >
    > > I restarted all services and then server has since been rebooted and my
    > aspx
    > > pages are still not working. Would anyone be able to assist me in

    Jm Guest