Professional Web Applications Themes

Help with Buttons - Macromedia Director Basics

Hi- This is a basic director question, I'm sure. This is my first time trying it out and I'm already stuck on something. I'm using director mx on an g4 imac running osx.2.6 Here's my problem... I am making an interactive cd in a hurry and trying make it simple and fast. I built the background in another program and saved it as a tiff. The background includes a bar at the bottom to be used as a navigation bar. I've imported that tiff just fine and now I want to be able to click on the bar at the ...

  1. #1

    Default Help with Buttons

    Hi-

    This is a basic director question, I'm sure. This is my first time trying it out and I'm already stuck on something. I'm using director mx on an g4 imac running osx.2.6

    Here's my problem... I am making an interactive cd in a hurry and trying make it simple and fast. I built the background in another program and saved it as a tiff. The background includes a bar at the bottom to be used as a navigation bar. I've imported that tiff just fine and now I want to be able to click on the bar at the bottom of the background like buttons. I was hoping there was some tool I could use for the (much like image mapping in dreamweaver). For now, I have made a button and set the ink to transparent background, but I still have a black line outlining the button. How do I get rid of that black line? or Is this the correct way to do what I'm trying to do. I don't want to get real fancy cause I'm on a tight schedule. I'm just a beginner, so if you reply, please write you're explaination like you're talking to a 10 year old. Thanks in advance for your help!

    djm79 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help with Buttons

    Make an invisible shape and put it over your buttons. You can attach
    behaviors to that shape for navigation.

    Judy

    "djm79" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi-
    >
    > This is a basic director question, I'm sure. This is my first time trying
    it out and I'm already stuck on something. I'm using director mx on an g4
    imac running osx.2.6

    > Here's my problem... I am making an interactive cd in a hurry and trying
    make it simple and fast. I built the background in another program and saved
    it as a tiff. The background includes a bar at the bottom to be used as a
    navigation bar. I've imported that tiff just fine and now I want to be able
    to click on the bar at the bottom of the background like buttons. I was
    hoping there was some tool I could use for the (much like image mapping in
    dreamweaver). For now, I have made a button and set the ink to transparent
    background, but I still have a black line outlining the button. How do I get
    rid of that black line? or Is this the correct way to do what I'm trying to
    do. I don't want to get real fancy cause I'm on a tight schedule. I'm just a
    beginner, so if you reply, please write you're explaination like you're
    talking to a 10 year old. Thanks in advance for your help!

    JPrice Guest

  3. #3

    Easiest way to do what you're after is to use the open rectangle in the tool
    palete - then choose the no outline line type - right at the bottom of the
    tool palette are the four line types - the top (dotted) one is no outline.
    You can't remove the outline from a button so use a rectangle instead...

    --

    Dave Mennenoh
    [url]http://www.crackconspiracy.com/~davem[/url]

    Dave Mennenoh Guest