Professional Web Applications Themes

Help with Canon 20-D - Photography

Is there a way to resize the resolution in the Canon 20-D so that when I open JASC Paint Shop Pro, it is 300 DPI and not 72 DPI? Thanks.. Bob .................................................. ............... Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at [url]http://www.TitanNews.com[/url] <<<< -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-...

  1. #1

    Default Help with Canon 20-D

    Is there a way to resize the resolution in the Canon 20-D so that when
    I open JASC Paint Shop Pro, it is 300 DPI and not 72 DPI? Thanks..

    Bob

    Sideshow Bob Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help with Canon 20-D

    In article <gn0aq0tg765dfhfqe1fq3l4dpcrkegoi5p4ax.com>,
    [email]regional6REMOVE[/email] says...
    > Is there a way to resize the resolution in the Canon 20-D so that when
    > I open JASC Paint Shop Pro, it is 300 DPI and not 72 DPI? Thanks..
    >
    > Bob
    >

    > .................................................. ..............
    > -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

    The photo IS NOT 72 dpi.. That is an assumption of the software used to
    display your picture.

    When you go to print the pictures the printer driver will adjust the dpi for
    the size of the paper.

    THERE IS NO INHERANT DPI IN A DIGITAL PHOTO!

    This question comes up ALL the time.

    The short answer is NO YOU CANT.

    You have to zoom in/out to fit the picture to the screen for viewing.

    If you re-size the picture for the screen, save it under a different name so
    you still have the original. As you learn more about using the pictures you
    take you will be glad you saved the originals un-changed.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

  3. #3

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:53:53 -0500, Sideshow Bob
    <regional6REMOVE> wrote:
    >Is there a way to resize the resolution in the Canon 20-D so that when
    >I open JASC Paint Shop Pro, it is 300 DPI and not 72 DPI? Thanks..
    >
    >Bob
    >

    >................................................. ...............
    >-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-
    Simply to add to what Larry said..the camera doesn't set the dpi flag
    in the jfif/exif header. You can..in your photo editing software. This
    won't effect the raw information (the picture) but rather an
    informational section at the begining of the jpg or tiff that simply
    tells other things how to display or print it. When you save a file
    at 72 dpi..it sets the jfif/exif info in the file header - a flag that
    says dpi is set and directs it to the value - 72.

    I'm not aware of the camera having the ability to set this flag.

    The editing proggy can though. And what-ever you save at-thats what
    will be encoded into the file(pic). BUT its not part of the image
    itself. It's just telling something else how to look at the pixels in
    terms of how many to put in any given area.

    Don't know paintshop, but in photoshop..you go to "edit>image
    size..and reset the dpi..BUT DON'T RESAMPLE. Then when save
    it will update the file header of the pic. You can see the effect by
    clicking on "show print size" because it will react dynamically to
    the dpi info.

    I never save over my jpgs. If i am going to output a pic i will save
    it in tiff format (no compression). Everytime you edit and resave a
    jpg - i beleive you are utilizing a compresion algorith and you are
    derogating your pic. I will save to jpg when the pic is in the final
    print state..or to distribute - and as larry said - UNDER A DIFFERENT
    NAME. Word to the wise...first thing you do when you empty the
    camera is to archive and index. Then play with them.

    Some filters and applets require a high dpi to work -- one example
    being Andromeda screens.

    I apologize to the group for the bandwith here-in..mostly non-slr.
    The question was slr though..and i'm curious now..though doubtful.

    Hope this helps a bit Bob

    rgds

    Ken

    filters that want high dpi's, or

    Ken Ellis Guest

  4. #4

    Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
    > Sideshow Bob <regional6REMOVE> writes:
    >
    >>Is there a way to resize the resolution in the Canon 20-D so that
    >>when I open JASC Paint Shop Pro, it is 300 DPI and not 72 DPI?
    >

    > I suggest you take a look at Q2 in this FAQ:
    > [url]http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~gisle/photo/pixels.html[/url]

    In your essay, you say the number is meaningless. Maybe to you, but some
    of us have our own reasons for wishing JPEGs being brought in at the
    resolution of choice, not 72 ppi. This in spite of understanding what it
    all means!

    It would seem to be a function of the camera's settings, but I don't
    know where in the menu to change it, if it's settable at all.

    Now that I have a fast machine, I will be using RAW even more, and there
    it's quite possible to set the output resolution and number of bits in
    the conversion to PS format from RAW. And it's no longer a sweat to
    create and run an action to set the ppi as I like it.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams Guest

  5. #5

    In article <pCopd.150142$R05.116934attbi_s53>,
    John McWilliams <jpmcwcomcast.net> wrote:
    >Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
    >> Sideshow Bob <regional6REMOVE> writes:
    >>
    >>>Is there a way to resize the resolution in the Canon 20-D so that
    >>>when I open JASC Paint Shop Pro, it is 300 DPI and not 72 DPI?
    >>

    >> I suggest you take a look at Q2 in this FAQ:
    >> [url]http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~gisle/photo/pixels.html[/url]
    >>
    >In your essay, you say the number is meaningless. Maybe to you, but some
    >of us have our own reasons for wishing JPEGs being brought in at the
    >resolution of choice, not 72 ppi. This in spite of understanding what it
    >all means!
    >
    >It would seem to be a function of the camera's settings, but I don't
    >know where in the menu to change it, if it's settable at all.
    You're making a very big assumption - that the camera is actually
    specifying *any* value for the ppi setting. Last time I looked at
    the EXIF data coming directly from a camera there wasn't any value
    given. If the software is reporting 72ppi then it's quite probably
    a default value being supplied by the software you are using.
    (The 72ppi/dpi value, btw, was the default value for postscript)

    John Francis Guest

  6. #6

    John McWilliams <jpmcwcomcast.net> wrote in news:pCopd.150142$R05.116934
    attbi_s53:
    > In your essay, you say the number is meaningless. Maybe to you, but some
    > of us have our own reasons for wishing JPEGs being brought in at the
    > resolution of choice, not 72 ppi. This in spite of understanding what it
    > all means!
    You may wish so. And you might get it - the consumer industry
    implements lots of useless things if they think customers want it.
    > It would seem to be a function of the camera's settings, but I don't
    > know where in the menu to change it, if it's settable at all.
    It probably is not. I would be surprised if the camera outputs any PPI
    setting at all. The 72 PPI is probably invented by your editing software.
    > Now that I have a fast machine, I will be using RAW even more, and there
    > it's quite possible to set the output resolution and number of bits in
    > the conversion to PS format from RAW. And it's no longer a sweat to
    > create and run an action to set the ppi as I like it.
    I suggest you go use you time for something more useful. You will
    not get better pictures by implementing things not needed.

    /Roland
    Roland Karlsson Guest

  7. #7

    Roland Karlsson wrote:
    > John McWilliams <jpmcwcomcast.net> wrote in news:pCopd.150142$R05.116934
    > attbi_s53:
    >

    >>In your essay, you say the number is meaningless. Maybe to you, but some
    >>of us have our own reasons for wishing JPEGs being brought in at the
    >>resolution of choice, not 72 ppi. This in spite of understanding what it
    >>all means!
    >

    > You may wish so. And you might get it - the consumer industry
    > implements lots of useless things if they think customers want it.
    *** see below

    >>It would seem to be a function of the camera's settings, but I don't
    >>know where in the menu to change it, if it's settable at all.
    >

    > It probably is not. I would be surprised if the camera outputs any PPI
    > setting at all. The 72 PPI is probably invented by your editing software.
    >

    >>Now that I have a fast machine, I will be using RAW even more, and there
    >>it's quite possible to set the output resolution and number of bits in
    >>the conversion to PS format from RAW. And it's no longer a sweat to
    >>create and run an action to set the ppi as I like it.
    >

    > I suggest you go use you time for something more useful. You will
    > not get better pictures by implementing things not needed.

    I'd save some time in post processing. That in turn allows more time for
    better pictures.

    I am always amused at those who decide for others what's useful and
    what's not. Please note I am not telling you what should be important
    for you.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams Guest

  8. #8

    "John McWilliams" <jpmcwcomcast.net> wrote in message

    > I am always amused at those who decide for others what's useful and
    > what's not. Please note I am not telling you what should be important
    > for you.
    >
    > --
    > John McWilliams
    Oddly enough most Europeans don't have the variable descriptions to words
    which English speaking nations have. Consequently, many Europeans who write
    instructions in English, misunderstand the inflections native English
    speakers take for granted. Roland wasn't telling anyone what should be
    important to them any more than Gisle was.

    If you read Gisle's blog to grasp the spirit with which it was written, you
    will see that Gisle feels many of the often confusing measurements of an
    image should be discarded in your mind if you don't understand them because
    the *real* dimensions of an image are the pixel density... Nothing else
    counts.

    I think it is unfair to presume that a doent written in English by a
    European is telling anyone what *should be* important to them for no reason.
    After all, the day someone can define a measurement to a pixel, will be the
    day images become precisely measurable too. Gisle is essentially correct
    that the Pixels per inch of a camera file are useless to anyone and
    everyone. If there was a measurement for say; an array of pixels, it might
    be relevant. Hmm. Could that be megapixels, perhaps?

    Editing programs like Photoshop are the ones which open an image at the
    resolution of a monitor... Deemed (wrongly) to be 72 PPI. Just changing that
    to 300 dpi does not alter the size of the image or the fact that it is
    displayed at 72 PPI. It is the printer which needs 300 dpi. Monitor's need
    72 dpi. Any description of dpi or PPI by other devises is irrelevant at the
    point they lose control over them.

    Doug

    Ryadia Guest

  9. #9

    Ryadia wrote:
    > "John McWilliams" <jpmcwcomcast.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>I am always amused at those who decide for others what's useful and
    >>what's not. Please note I am not telling you what should be important
    >>for you.
    >>
    >>--
    >>John McWilliams
    >

    > Oddly enough most Europeans don't have the variable descriptions to words
    > which English speaking nations have. Consequently, many Europeans who write
    > instructions in English, misunderstand the inflections native English
    > speakers take for granted. Roland wasn't telling anyone what should be
    > important to them any more than Gisle was.
    >
    > If you read Gisle's blog to grasp the spirit with which it was written, you
    > will see that Gisle feels many of the often confusing measurements of an
    > image should be discarded in your mind if you don't understand them because
    > the *real* dimensions of an image are the pixel density... Nothing else
    > counts.
    >
    > I think it is unfair to presume that a doent written in English by a
    > European is telling anyone what *should be* important to them for no reason.
    > After all, the day someone can define a measurement to a pixel, will be the
    > day images become precisely measurable too. Gisle is essentially correct
    > that the Pixels per inch of a camera file are useless to anyone and
    > everyone. If there was a measurement for say; an array of pixels, it might
    > be relevant. Hmm. Could that be megapixels, perhaps?
    >
    > Editing programs like Photoshop are the ones which open an image at the
    > resolution of a monitor... Deemed (wrongly) to be 72 PPI. Just changing that
    > to 300 dpi does not alter the size of the image or the fact that it is
    > displayed at 72 PPI. It is the printer which needs 300 dpi. Monitor's need
    > 72 dpi. Any description of dpi or PPI by other devises is irrelevant at the
    > point they lose control over them.

    I appreciate the patience with which you explain the above, but you seem
    to fall into the same trap as Roland, i.e., telling me it's irrelevant,
    when (I believe) I understand the ins and outs of resolution and pixel
    counts and size of image based on ppi chosen at time of printing.

    The fact is I'd like to be able to quickly see what size an image will
    print at or export to another file with no interpolation. Other than
    going to image->Size, I don't know how else I can achieve a graphical
    representation of the image's 'native' "print size".

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams Guest

  10. #10

    John McWilliams posted:
    > The fact is I'd like to be able to quickly see what size an image will
    > print at or export to another file with no interpolation. Other than
    > going to image->Size, I don't know how else I can achieve a graphical
    > representation of the image's 'native' "print size".
    >
    > --
    > John McWilliams
    I think I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure. Do you mean
    that it would be better if you could program the camera to define a
    print dpi into the image file? If so, then I guess I see your point. I
    still don't think it would help you much, since the ppi of monitors
    vary at different resolutions, so it would be nearly impossible to see
    the exact print size on screen at the click of a mouse. The best that
    you can (usually) do is to use a DTP program that imports images and at
    the same time resets the print dpi to a standard (usually 300). Then,
    at least, you can see the image in scale in relation to a given page
    size. But even if you have to reset the dpi manually, is it all that
    much work? You could always use IrfanView to batch the jobs for you.

    --
    Petros
    Ap' ola prin ipirche o Logos

  11. #11

    "Petros" <retepetiuqtonsafenet.pl> wrote in message
    news:MPG.1c1108d7fa4ece73989aeanews.individual.de ...
    > John McWilliams posted:
    > > The fact is I'd like to be able to quickly see what size an image will
    > > print at or export to another file with no interpolation. Other than
    > > going to image->Size, I don't know how else I can achieve a graphical
    > > representation of the image's 'native' "print size".
    > >
    > > --
    > > John McWilliams
    >
    > I think I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure. Do you mean
    > that it would be better if you could program the camera to define a
    > print dpi into the image file? If so, then I guess I see your point. I
    > still don't think it would help you much, since the ppi of monitors
    > vary at different resolutions, so it would be nearly impossible to see
    > the exact print size on screen at the click of a mouse. The best that
    > you can (usually) do is to use a DTP program that imports images and at
    > the same time resets the print dpi to a standard (usually 300). Then,
    > at least, you can see the image in scale in relation to a given page
    > size. But even if you have to reset the dpi manually, is it all that
    > much work? You could always use IrfanView to batch the jobs for you.
    >
    > --
    > Petros
    > Ap' ola prin ipirche o Logos
    Adding to that...
    Photoshop has a lot of facilities to allow you to do just what you want.
    You can define the print resolution, for example and then click a menu item
    "print size" or another one "Pixels" and see the size of the image
    represented on the screen. Of course the cost of Photoshop might slow you
    down a tad!

    Ryadia Guest

  12. #12

    Ryadia wrote:
    > "Petros" <retepetiuqtonsafenet.pl> wrote in message
    > news:MPG.1c1108d7fa4ece73989aeanews.individual.de ...
    >
    >>John McWilliams posted:
    >>
    >>>The fact is I'd like to be able to quickly see what size an image will
    >>>print at or export to another file with no interpolation. Other than
    >>>going to image->Size, I don't know how else I can achieve a graphical
    >>>representation of the image's 'native' "print size".
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>John McWilliams
    >>
    >>I think I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure. Do you mean
    >>that it would be better if you could program the camera to define a
    >>print dpi into the image file? If so, then I guess I see your point. I
    >>still don't think it would help you much, since the ppi of monitors
    >>vary at different resolutions, so it would be nearly impossible to see
    >>the exact print size on screen at the click of a mouse. The best that
    >>you can (usually) do is to use a DTP program that imports images and at
    >>the same time resets the print dpi to a standard (usually 300). Then,
    >>at least, you can see the image in scale in relation to a given page
    >>size. But even if you have to reset the dpi manually, is it all that
    >>much work? You could always use IrfanView to batch the jobs for you.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Petros
    >>Ap' ola prin ipirche o Logos
    >

    > Adding to that...
    > Photoshop has a lot of facilities to allow you to do just what you want.
    > You can define the print resolution, for example and then click a menu item
    > "print size" or another one "Pixels" and see the size of the image
    > represented on the screen. Of course the cost of Photoshop might slow you
    > down a tad!

    I got the entire suite at a nice student price a few months ago, even
    though my 'real' (full time) student days are a distant memory.
    Community colleges are great; I are a student at Vista, located next to
    the UC Berkeley campus.

    You've sort of hit the nail again: it's the above I want to do *without*
    the step of going into image size and set to 240 or 300 whichever I am
    using for that batch.

    --
    John McWilliams

    I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm
    not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams Guest

  13. #13

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > I appreciate the patience with which you explain the above, but you seem
    > to fall into the same trap as Roland, i.e., telling me it's irrelevant,
    > when (I believe) I understand the ins and outs of resolution and pixel
    > counts and size of image based on ppi chosen at time of printing.
    >
    > The fact is I'd like to be able to quickly see what size an image will
    > print at or export to another file with no interpolation. Other than
    > going to image->Size, I don't know how else I can achieve a graphical
    > representation of the image's 'native' "print size".
    You would do well to read Gisle's webpage as a starter.

    By all means use resize as you see fit, but make sure you're working on a 'work'
    copy, not the original, lest ye boo-boo the works.

    I don't even look very much at the print dpi number in the file until I'm ready
    to print. I make seperate files for each print size, and for each print size
    the next to last step is to USM at that size. This is critical. The very last
    step is to set the print dpi to the optimum for my printer (300) and then save
    that edition. Prior to that I work on the simple assumption that if I want a
    print to be 10 inches x 7.5 inches, then the image has to be 300 x 10 X 300 x
    7.5 pixels in size.

    So take all the freedoms you want, but print dpi only matters at the time you
    commit the image to the printer.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    --
    -- r.p.e.35mm user resource: [url]http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm[/url]
    -- r.p.d.slr-systems: [url]http://www.aliasimages.com/rpdslrsysur.htm[/url]

  14. #14

    John McWilliams <jpmcwcomcast.net> wrote in news:wTupd.669079$8_6.386282
    attbi_s04:
    > I am always amused at those who decide for others what's useful and
    > what's not. Please note I am not telling you what should be important
    > for you.
    If it i simportant to you - it is of course important to you.

    All I is saying that I don't understand why.

    I can see no advantages of setting any PPI value in the file.

    What is your plan for this number?

    /Roland
    Roland Karlsson Guest

  15. #15

    Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
    > John McWilliams <jpmcwcomcast.net> writes:
    >
    >>In your essay, you say the number is meaningless. Maybe to you, but
    >>some of us have our own reasons for wishing JPEGs being brought in
    >>at the resolution of choice, not 72 ppi. This in spite of
    >>understanding what it all means!
    >

    > I assume you are a Mac user.
    > In that case, take a look at this - from the description it looks
    > as a batch utility that will do what you want.
    >
    > [url]http://www.ingconti.com/Software/BCI/ConvertImage.html[/url]
    >
    > NB: Just found it with Google. I haven't tested it.
    >

    >>It would seem to be a function of the camera's settings, but I don't
    >>know where in the menu to change it, if it's settable at all.
    >

    > I don't know of any camera with such a setting.
    Many thanks. It seems that images off my D300 were brought in at 180
    dpi, but I haven't the time to confirm that now, as it could be
    academic. It could be a function of Image Capture, the mac app that'll
    import all image formats.

    I will just create the setting as part of a PS action, and will also be
    looking forward to Apple's next OS, which will include a bunch of very
    fast converters that'll deal with images.

    Why'd I care? I simply like to be able to switch to print view in CS,
    for one, without having to go set Image size first, and for another if I
    import into file, I'd like all settings to be the same.

    --

    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams Guest

  16. #16

    John McWilliams posted:
    > Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
    > > John McWilliams <jpmcwcomcast.net> writes:
    > >
    > >>In your essay, you say the number is meaningless. Maybe to you, but
    > >>some of us have our own reasons for wishing JPEGs being brought in
    > >>at the resolution of choice, not 72 ppi. This in spite of
    > >>understanding what it all means!
    > >

    > > I assume you are a Mac user.
    > > In that case, take a look at this - from the description it looks
    > > as a batch utility that will do what you want.
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.ingconti.com/Software/BCI/ConvertImage.html[/url]
    > >
    > > NB: Just found it with Google. I haven't tested it.
    > >

    > >>It would seem to be a function of the camera's settings, but I don't
    > >>know where in the menu to change it, if it's settable at all.
    > >

    > > I don't know of any camera with such a setting.
    >
    > Many thanks. It seems that images off my D300 were brought in at 180
    > dpi, but I haven't the time to confirm that now, as it could be
    > academic. It could be a function of Image Capture, the mac app that'll
    > import all image formats.
    >
    > I will just create the setting as part of a PS action, and will also be
    > looking forward to Apple's next OS, which will include a bunch of very
    > fast converters that'll deal with images.
    >
    > Why'd I care? I simply like to be able to switch to print view in CS,
    > for one, without having to go set Image size first, and for another if I
    > import into file, I'd like all settings to be the same.
    >
    > --
    >
    > John McWilliams
    I think I see your problem. IIRC the Adobe page layout programs import
    bitmaps at a predetermined dpi set by the user. So in a normal
    workflow, you wouldn't really need to deal with this in PS, and would
    go about doing your work at 100% or fit to screen, checking only to
    make sure that your pixels for output are there. As soon as you import
    the file into InDesign or whatever, you'd automatically have your 300
    or 600 dpi.
    --
    Petros
    Ap' ola prin ipirche o Logos

  17. #17

    In message <deApd.566823$mD.149850attbi_s02>,
    John McWilliams <jpmcwcomcast.net> wrote:
    >I appreciate the patience with which you explain the above, but you seem
    >to fall into the same trap as Roland, i.e., telling me it's irrelevant,
    >when (I believe) I understand the ins and outs of resolution and pixel
    >counts and size of image based on ppi chosen at time of printing.
    >
    >The fact is I'd like to be able to quickly see what size an image will
    >print at or export to another file with no interpolation.
    You never need any interpolation to print at any size.
    >Other than
    >going to image->Size, I don't know how else I can achieve a graphical
    >representation of the image's 'native' "print size".
    An image has no native print size. It may or may not have a *default*
    print size, but that is only a tag placed in a file and has no direct
    relationship to any real property of the image itself.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <JPSno.komm>
    JPS@no.komm Guest

  18. #18

    Roland Karlsson wrote:
    > John McWilliams <jpmcwcomcast.net> wrote in news:wTupd.669079$8_6.386282
    > attbi_s04:
    >

    >>I am always amused at those who decide for others what's useful and
    >>what's not. Please note I am not telling you what should be important
    >>for you.
    >

    > If it i simportant to you - it is of course important to you.
    >
    > All I is saying that I don't understand why.
    >
    > I can see no advantages of setting any PPI value in the file.
    >
    > What is your plan for this number?

    For one, I like to see at a click what size the image will print at with
    no resizing. For another, when I bring an image into an existing one, I
    prefer they match up without scaling. If everything is 240 ppi then I am
    all set.

    --

    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams Guest

  19. #19

    John McWilliams <jpmcwcomcast.net> wrote in news:PTnqd.478134$D%.230319
    attbi_s51:
    > For one, I like to see at a click what size the image will print at with
    > no resizing.
    OK - fair enough.

    Personally I want to print at a certain size - and then I get whatever
    PPI that is available. Always printing at e.g. 240 PPI and then accepting
    whatever size that is, is an unusual request IMHO.
    > For another, when I bring an image into an existing one, I
    > prefer they match up without scaling.
    Hmmm .. I am not really sure what you mean here.

    Do you say that e.g Photoshop scales copy and paste according to PPI?

    I did not think so - and I just tested. Photoshop does not
    care at all with regard to PPI settings when copying.

  20. #20

    Roland Karlsson wrote:
    > John McWilliams <jpmcwcomcast.net> wrote in news:PTnqd.478134$D%.230319
    > attbi_s51:
    >

    >>For one, I like to see at a click what size the image will print at with
    >>no resizing.
    >

    > OK - fair enough.
    >
    > Personally I want to print at a certain size - and then I get whatever
    > PPI that is available. Always printing at e.g. 240 PPI and then accepting
    > whatever size that is, is an unusual request IMHO.
    However, that's not what I do with printing, fwiw.

    >>For another, when I bring an image into an existing one, I
    >>prefer they match up without scaling.
    >

    > Hmmm .. I am not really sure what you mean here.
    >
    > Do you say that e.g Photoshop scales copy and paste according to PPI?
    >
    > I did not think so - and I just tested. Photoshop does not
    > care at all with regard to PPI settings when copying.

    It does with my version of CS. If I copy in a 72 ppi image into a 300
    ppi image, the former will be scaled down tremendously.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast