Professional Web Applications Themes

Help With forms - HTML & CSS

Hey everyone, I am trying to lead Form, basically I want to have the customer fill it out and send an email with the information on the form to the email address which is also on the page....this is what I have so far [url]http://www.bfsofnewyork.com[/url] It is under the contact tab. The submit button doesnt do much at the moment, if someone could help me out that would be great! thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Help With forms

    Hey everyone,
    I am trying to lead Form, basically I want to have the customer fill it out
    and send an email with the information on the form to the email address which
    is also on the page....this is what I have so far [url]http://www.bfsofnewyork.com[/url]
    It is under the contact tab. The submit button doesnt do much at the moment,
    if someone could help me out that would be great! thanks!

    bryandooley930 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help With forms

    There are two basic ways to process form data -

    1. Use mailto:namedomain.com as the action of the form
    2. Use a server-side scripting method to a) harvest the form's data, b)
    process it in some manner, e.g., enter it into a database, c) formulate and
    send an email to one or more email recipients, and d) redirect the visitor
    to some ending page

    Method 1 is quite simple, and is also the least reliable. It depends both
    on your visitor having an email client already installed on their computer -
    this eliminates public computers, or home users without email clients
    installed (more and more it seems) - and on the installed email client
    responding to
    the mailto call. It is not possible to use this method *and* send the
    visitor to a
    thank you page as well.

    Method 2 is the preferred method, since it eliminates the problems of method
    1, but it means that you have to grapple with server-scripting somehow (ASP,
    CF, PHP, perl, etc.).

    To begin with Method 2, you need to ask your host what they provide for
    processing forms. Many will point you to a script that they use in every
    website they host.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "bryandooley930" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hey everyone,
    > I am trying to lead Form, basically I want to have the customer fill it
    > out
    > and send an email with the information on the form to the email address
    > which
    > is also on the page....this is what I have so far
    > [url]http://www.bfsofnewyork.com[/url]
    > It is under the contact tab. The submit button doesnt do much at the
    > moment,
    > if someone could help me out that would be great! thanks!

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,
    You need formmail which can be found at the wonderful Matt's script archive
    site here;
    [url]http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html[/url]
    Before you go that route, check with your ISP. They may have their own
    proprietry version installed already with instructions on how to set it up.
    Freeola, my ISP, does this and it only involves cutting and pasting some code
    into your web page and entering some basic parameters.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    jarnoa

    jarnoa Guest

  4. #4

    Careful...there are many versions of formmail.pl running around the web and
    some of them have very exploitable coding issues.

    Although I use a different form mailer now, I used to user FormMail and I
    still get many failed attempts at accessing formmail on my server despite it
    not having been there for years and not being in google as a cached page. I
    looked into it and found out that there are a couple of known exploits that are
    attempted against random servers in an effort to gain access to the server.

    TexasBusa Guest

  5. #5

    I have just done one. I used an .asp file which has the parameters to capture
    the text fields and send it off to my e-mail address
    Eg : myMsg = request.form("textfield5")
    and after submit it can send you to a thanks.htm page like so :
    Response.Redirect "Thanks.htm"

    Hope that helps .. If u need more info please post it here.
    Best

    riyada Guest

  6. #6

    :confused;

    I have been trying for the last few hours to create a simple questionnaire for
    my schools website, using ASP and HTML. I created a very basic email feed back
    script a few weeks ago, with no proplems, but for the life of me I cannot get
    the questionnaire setup correctly.

    The only way dreamweaver is letting open the form tags is at the very first
    line under the <body> tag and the same for closing the </form> it has to go
    just before </body>. If the tags any where else they just destroy the layout
    of the page. (make text disapear, collapse tables etc).

    I have just added a couple of radio buttons, a submit button and a simple
    email ASP script (the one I used in the feed back script) just to check if it
    would work wih form tags as mentioned above. I click the button and all I get
    is page cannot be displayed.

    I've checked the paths and they all point to the right places

    ErnieFrontier Guest

  7. #7

    Show us your page, please.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "ErnieFrontier" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > :confused;
    >
    > I have been trying for the last few hours to create a simple questionnaire
    > for
    > my schools website, using ASP and HTML. I created a very basic email feed
    > back
    > script a few weeks ago, with no proplems, but for the life of me I cannot
    > get
    > the questionnaire setup correctly.
    >
    > The only way dreamweaver is letting open the form tags is at the very
    > first
    > line under the <body> tag and the same for closing the </form> it has to
    > go
    > just before </body>. If the tags any where else they just destroy the
    > layout
    > of the page. (make text disapear, collapse tables etc).
    >
    > I have just added a couple of radio buttons, a submit button and a simple
    > email ASP script (the one I used in the feed back script) just to check if
    > it
    > would work wih form tags as mentioned above. I click the button and all I
    > get
    > is page cannot be displayed.
    >
    > I've checked the paths and they all point to the right places

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  8. #8

    I am trying to create an online form that does not e-mail results or save them
    to a database BUT when the submit button is pushed the results from the page
    are displayed in a new web page and the user has the option of printing that
    result page or saving it as a doent.

    Any idea where to start? Thank you.

    StorryBook Guest

  9. #9

    What server scripting language are you using?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

  10. #10

    I can use any scripting language php, asp, javascript...
    StorryBook Guest

  11. #11

    The form page submits to itself. The data is pd from the post of the
    form. Each field is loaded with the pd data, or no data at all, based
    on whether the Submit button has been pressed. This page can then be
    printed or saved.

    Is that what you mean?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

  12. #12

    Does anyone know an extension whereby I can insert a text field in a form to
    choose State (eg. AL,CA,TX, etc) without having to hand-type all the states
    into the list values? In fact, does any extension exist to speed up insertion
    of text fields into list values for any pull-down menu?

    jane-m Guest

  13. #13

    I've got an extension to do this
    [url]http://www.kaosweaver.com/extensions/details.php?id=77[/url]
    Insert Prebuilt selects
    It includes these:

    * Month
    * Date
    * Year
    * Hours
    * Minutes
    * State & Providence
    * County

    Paul Davis
    [url]http://www.kaosweaver.com/[/url]
    Visit us for dozens of useful Dreamweaver Extensions.

    [url]http://www.communitymx.com/[/url]
    Partner at Community MX - Extend your knowledge

    jane-m wrote:
    > Does anyone know an extension whereby I can insert a text field in a form to
    > choose State (eg. AL,CA,TX, etc) without having to hand-type all the states
    > into the list values? In fact, does any extension exist to speed up insertion
    > of text fields into list values for any pull-down menu?

    Paul Davis Guest

  14. #14

    HTML forms to add interactivity to your site..Most online forms display help text when you hover your mouse pointer over a field in the form.

    http://www.theincredibleindia.org
    kristey is offline Junior Member
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1

  15. #15

    We thrive on customer appreciation of our customised and timely delivery of flash applications. Our flash design and development service is ideal for Internet advertising, e-Learning courses, television commercials, and enterprise application front-ends. We follow a process-oriented approach that helps us minimise and mitigate risks and development time, thereby allowing us to provide you with efficient and economical flash design that suits your pocket and gives your business the competitive edge it needs to stand out in the e-market.
    davis123 is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2011
    Location
    shimla
    Posts
    2

  16. #16

    Before you go that route, check with your ISP. They may have their own
    proprietry version installed already with instructions on how to set it up.
    Freeola, my ISP, does this and it only involves cutting and pasting some code
    into your web page and entering some basic parameters.
    Hope this helps.
    Pauline 88 is offline Junior Member
    Oct 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    3

  17. #17

    More HTML In Forms

    Although it is probably obvious, I will just mention that all other HTML tags are available to you inside your <form> tags. It is important to remember, for example, to label all your input elements, so that the user knows what to enter in them. You can use all other types of HTML formatting as well as text, though, and often the use of tables can help set out an HTML form in a better way.
    [url]http://itqueries.com/[/url]
    Daddy is offline Junior Member
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    3

  18. #18

    Search boxes are the only kind of text fields that can be a little tricky to style.

    <form>
    <input type="search">
    </form>
    input[type=search] {