Professional Web Applications Themes

Help with left arrow down & right arrow down - Macromedia Director Lingo

Hi all, I am creating a presentation in Director MX, and need to program the right arrow key to advance to next marker, and the left arrow key to go to previous marker. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Anthony...

  1. #1

    Default Help with left arrow down & right arrow down

    Hi all,

    I am creating a presentation in Director MX, and need to program the right
    arrow key to advance to next marker, and the left arrow key to go to
    previous marker.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Thanks
    Anthony

    Anthony Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help with left arrow down & right arrow down

    Hi Anthony,

    on keyDown
    if the keyCode = 123 then go next
    if the keyCode = 124 then go previous
    end

    --
    Rob
    _______

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/software/trial/[/url]
    Rob Dillon Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Rob,

    Thanks for quick response,

    How do I identify what the code for the Right & left arrow keys are?

    Thanks
    Anthony

  4. #4

    "Anthony" <asquiressarcmedia.com> wrote in message

    > How do I identify what the code for the Right & left arrow keys are?
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/doents/keycodes.htm[/url]

    - Robert

    Robert Tweed Guest

  5. #5

    hi,

    Here is the code i typed at the end of first slide:

    Holds the slide till action is taken

    on exitFrame
    go to the frame
    end

    Checks for key pressed

    on keyDown
    if the keyCode = 123 then go next
    if the keyCode = 124 then go previous
    end

    I ran the movie, and nothing happend when i pressed right arrow or left
    arrow
    key. Did not advance to next marker or previous.
    What am I doing wrong, seems pretty simple. This is a first time in using
    Key Codes for me.

    Thanks
    Anthony

    > "Anthony" <asquiressarcmedia.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > How do I identify what the code for the Right & left arrow keys are?
    >
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/doents/keycodes.htm[/url]
    >
    > - Robert

    Anthony Guest

  6. #6

    > I ran the movie, and nothing happend when i pressed right arrow or left
    > arrow
    > key. Did not advance to next marker or previous.
    > What am I doing wrong, seems pretty simple. This is a first time in using
    > Key Codes for me.
    There is nothing wrong with any of the above. Where did you put the code? If
    you put it all in your frame script, and span that script across all the
    frames in your movie, it should work fine. Other than that, perhaps you have
    no markers?

    There is definitely nothing wrong with the key script (although the keys
    appear to be the wrong way round). If in doubt, try something you know -
    i.e., put a mouseDown script in the same place and see if that works.

    - Robert

    Robert Tweed Guest

  7. #7

    "Anthony" <asquiressarcmedia.com> wrote in message

    > What am I doing wrong, seems pretty simple.
    The only other thing I can think of is that you might have another keyDown
    handler that overrides the one you want to work, or you have something like
    an editable text field trapping the key events.

    - Robert

    Robert Tweed Guest

  8. #8

    and if you've forgotten the page robert has posted for keycodes then to check what a keycode for a particular key is then try

    on keydown me
    put the keycode
    end

    the result will appear in the message window

    HAIRYBOBBY - why didn't I choose a really cool name like the vulcanpimp

    [url]http://www.geocities.com/hairybobby2000[/url]

    Photography section

    [url]http://www.geocities.com/hairybobby2000/px1.html[/url]

    Photoshop section