Professional Web Applications Themes

Help with Mouse Within and Mouse Leave problem... - Macromedia Director 3D

I have a shockwave 3d file of a building with individual floors split up into seperate objects. I want a pop-up information box (set at a MARKER) to appear when the user mouse overs a specific floor. For this I am using the MOUSE WITHIN(a floor) to trigger a CLICK MODEL GO TO MARKER action to go to the marker with the pop-up box. This works fine. I want the pop-up information box to go away when the user's mouse Leaves that floor. For this I tried using MOUSE LEAVE (that floor) to trigger a CLICK MODEL GO TO MARKER ...

  1. #1

    Default Help with Mouse Within and Mouse Leave problem...

    I have a shockwave 3d file of a building with individual floors split up into seperate objects.

    I want a pop-up information box (set at a MARKER) to appear when the user mouse overs a specific floor. For this I am using the MOUSE WITHIN(a floor) to trigger a CLICK MODEL GO TO MARKER action to go to the marker with the pop-up box. This works fine.

    I want the pop-up information box to go away when the user's mouse Leaves that floor. For this I tried using MOUSE LEAVE (that floor) to trigger a CLICK MODEL GO TO MARKER to go to the marker w/o the pop-up box. But this doesn't work. If I move my mouse over the model really fast, it will go to that marker once in awhile.

    Which leads me to believe...
    MOUSE WITHIN works at the individual 3d object level
    MOUSE LEAVE works at the entire shockwave 3d sprite level
    Are these safe assumptions?

    I have included a link to an example of what I am trying to do, real simple mousewithin/mouseleave actions. Any ideas or suggestions of how to resolve this problem or possibly another way of doing this? Please help.

    [url]http://www.khanhngo.com/schockwave/3dmouseover_test.dcr[/url]

    THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    -Khanh

    Referring URLs
    [url]http://www.khanhngo.com/schockwave/3dmouseover_test.dcr[/url]

    Khanh75 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help with Mouse Within and Mouse Leave problem...

    try: modelunderloc not modelsunderloc

    you will find a little script where you have only to change the number of
    the sprite where your 3dmember is in.
    if you now klick into your scene you get the name of the model that is under
    your mouse.

    then you can go on with

    if m = member("3D").model("gb5") then
    alert "everything ok?"
    end if

    instead of alert "everything ok?" you can let the movie do what ever you
    want. in your case open a window or close a window or both....

    lutz!

    "Khanh75" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I have a shockwave 3d file of a building with individual floors split up
    into seperate objects.

    > I want a pop-up information box (set at a MARKER) to appear when the user
    mouse overs a specific floor. For this I am using the MOUSE WITHIN(a floor)
    to trigger a CLICK MODEL GO TO MARKER action to go to the marker with the
    pop-up box. This works fine.

    > I want the pop-up information box to go away when the user's mouse Leaves
    that floor. For this I tried using MOUSE LEAVE (that floor) to trigger a
    CLICK MODEL GO TO MARKER to go to the marker w/o the pop-up box. But this
    doesn't work. If I move my mouse over the model really fast, it will go to
    that marker once in awhile.

    > Which leads me to believe...
    > MOUSE WITHIN works at the individual 3d object level
    > MOUSE LEAVE works at the entire shockwave 3d sprite level
    > Are these safe assumptions?
    >
    > I have included a link to an example of what I am trying to do, real
    simple mousewithin/mouseleave actions. Any ideas or suggestions of how to
    resolve this problem or possibly another way of doing this? Please help.

    > [url]http://www.khanhngo.com/schockwave/3dmouseover_test.dcr[/url]
    >
    > THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    > -Khanh
    >

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]http://www.khanhngo.com/schockwave/3dmouseover_test.dcr[/url]

    Lutz Westermann Guest

  3. #3

    Lutz... I am in debted to you. THANK YOU!!!

    Khanh75 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest