Professional Web Applications Themes

Help with Rollovers and Slices - Macromedia Fireworks

Hello, Is it possible to overlap multiple slices? I'm creating a world map that has webcam images of sundials located around the world. Right now I have it so when you scroll over the dials located on the left side of the map, a larger preview box pops up on the right hand side so you can see more info. But this won't work when I add dials on the right and want to preview on the left. Since I can't have the big preview slice ontop of the little webcam slices. Any other ideas how I can get this ...

  1. #1

    Default Help with Rollovers and Slices

    Hello,

    Is it possible to overlap multiple slices? I'm creating a world map that has webcam images of sundials located around the world. Right now I have it so when you scroll over the dials located on the left side of the map, a larger preview box pops up on the right hand side so you can see more info. But this won't work when I add dials on the right and want to preview on the left. Since I can't have the big preview slice ontop of the little webcam slices. Any other ideas how I can get this to work?

    Thanks in advance,
    -Hilda

    hilda17 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Help with Rollovers and Slices

    Hilda--

    You can create slices to hold the information you want to appear on
    mouse over, and then use hotspots to define the area over the cundials
    that you want to trigger the behavior. Place unique content in different
    frames and then target the slice according to the frame that holds the
    content you want to appear.

    Kim

    --
    Kim Cavanaugh
    author, Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks

    Kim Guest

  3. #3

    KIM CAVANAUGH?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Kim Cavanaugh" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    Kim-

    That would work if the sundials weren't webcams. They have to be their own slice so I can load the webcam instead of the map at their location. Check out my page at

    http://students.washington.edu/hilda17/WorldMap/WorldMap.html

    It works there because I haven't added dials on the right (with the preview on the left).

    Any ideas? Is it possible with Fireworks?

    Thanks again to any replies,
    -Hilda

    hilda17 Guest

  6. #6

    hilda--

    Yes, I'd take a static screen capture of the sundials that you want to
    place on the map and import those images and place the hotspot over
    them. Besides allowing the rollover to work you can use better images.

    I believe that you will be able to get this done in Fireworks, but I'd
    also explore the use of layers (divs) and the Show/Hide Layer behavior
    in Dreamweaver. Ultimately you may find that the greater flexibility of
    that method makes the job easier to get done.

    Kim