Professional Web Applications Themes

help with scrollbars - Dreamweaver AppDev

Alright, I should start off by saying that I know very little about dreamweaver or coding or anything, just so you know. I have this template, which has an editable region in the center where the content will be entered, and I want to have a scrollbar that scrolls through the content, but leaves the rest of the page in place. The editable content box is an embedded table, incase that's important. I've seen this on different sites and I also saw another thread about it, but it was way past me. I know, atleast, that I need to use ...

  1. #1

    Default help with scrollbars

    Alright, I should start off by saying that I know very little about dreamweaver
    or coding or anything, just so you know. I have this template, which has an
    editable region in the center where the content will be entered, and I want to
    have a scrollbar that scrolls through the content, but leaves the rest of the
    page in place. The editable content box is an embedded table, incase that's
    important. I've seen this on different sites and I also saw another thread
    about it, but it was way past me. I know, atleast, that I need to use CSS to
    create the scrollbar. I can put the page up if somebody's willing to help, so
    that you can see what I want to do. I'm almost completely sure that this would
    work, I just have no idea how to do it. Here's an example from the other
    thread of something very similar to what I want, except that I have image cells
    surrounding the table where I want the scrollbar.
    [url]http://www.sirhenry.org/dehler/news.htm[/url] Hope someone can help.

    rentme Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: help with scrollbars

    The options are either having an iframe with is an embeded page within a
    page and is usually not recomended since it has problems being displayed
    on multiple browsers. The other option is using an layer with a scrolling
    behavior.

    To do this go to Common,
    then select Layer
    and from the properties panel modify the Vis atribute.

    --
    Alexandro Colorado

  3. #3

    Thanks. This seems to work, but is it possible to change the scrollbar color like this, and if it is, could somebody tell me how?
    rentme Guest