Professional Web Applications Themes

HELP with selecting certain areas - Macromedia Fireworks

Howdy all, Im just wondering if anyone can help with my little problem. Im scanning cards and can fit 6 of them at a time in the scanner, this then gives me a image with 6 cards on it.... each card has a image on it which is in a box , so what i would like to do, is only get the boxs and whats inside them, then having a single image file for each card, there is white space around the outside of the boxes to the edge of the cards, so im wondering if there is a ...

  1. #1

    Default HELP with selecting certain areas

    Howdy all, Im just wondering if anyone can help with my little problem.

    Im scanning cards and can fit 6 of them at a time in the scanner, this then
    gives me a image with 6 cards on it.... each card has a image on it which is
    in a box , so what i would like to do, is only get the boxs and whats inside
    them, then having a single image file for each card, there is white space
    around the outside of the boxes to the edge of the cards, so im wondering if
    there is a easy way that i can get fireworks to notice the edges and then
    save each of the 6 boxes to their own file,

    any ideas ? :)

    cheers

    ezydesignz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: HELP with selecting certain areas

    ezydesignz wrote:
    || Howdy all, Im just wondering if anyone can help with my little
    || problem.
    || Im scanning cards and can fit 6 of them at a time in the scanner,
    || this then gives me a image with 6 cards on it.... each card has a
    || image on it which is in a box , so what i would like to do, is only
    || get the boxs and whats inside them, then having a single image file
    || for each card, there is white space around the outside of the boxes
    || to the edge of the cards, so im wondering if there is a easy way
    || that i can get fireworks to notice the edges and then save each of
    || the 6 boxes to their own file,

    Hmm, It strikes me that there are several ways to do this if I understand
    you correctly.
    I think I would do the following...
    With your scanned 6 image page open on screen. I would then create another
    blank canvas the exact size that you want your seperate images to be.
    With both your 6 image canvas and the new blank one I would then simply drag
    the larger image over on to the new blank canvas, move it around untill you
    are happy with the posisioning then Alt+Ctrl+T to trim the exess. Then save
    it as what ever you like. Now go back to your unsaved canvas and delete the
    previous image you have just saved and move onto the next one.

    Does that make any sense?

    Peter

    PJR Guest

  3. #3

    hmmmmmmm ... kinda.... but i was hoping it could be abit more
    automated......
    a good back up plan though :)
    "PJR" <com> wrote in message
    drag
    you
    save
    the

    ezydesignz Guest

  4. #4

    ezy--

    Choose the Rectangle marquee tool. In the Property inspector set the
    size to fixed and then set the capture area to the dimensions you need.
    Click o the upper left hand corner of the card and press Ctrl/CMD C.
    Press Ctrl/CMD N to make a new file. Press Ctrl/CMD V to paste in your
    capture. Save your file and repeat.

    Kim

    ezydesignz wrote:

    --
    Kim Cavanaugh
    author, Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks

    Kim Guest

  6. #6

    In article <bvsnnd$d15$macromedia.com>,
    "ezydesignz" <com> wrote:

    Scan 6 cards. Draw slices over the parts you want to save. Export only
    the slices--no HTML, no unsliced areas. If your card placement on the
    scanner platen is consistent, the same slices will work over and over;
    just delete the scan and save the file with its slices for the next
    batch. Be careful with filenames, so new exported images don't overwrite
    old ones.

    --
    Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
    http://www.hummingbirds.net/