I have a 20 GB dockless iPod (purchased in february '03).

For some reason I cannot get it to wake from sleep by pressing any of
the buttons. It will only wake by plugging it into the computer's
firewire port.

I have verified that the hold switch is not turned on. I have tried
resetting it by holding down the menu and play buttons, but the problem
always returns once it falls asleep. There is nothing wrong with the
buttons themselves since they function normally once I have woken it by
plugging it in. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the
battery.

Any suggestions?

TIA

André

--
n.b. there are no monotremes in my email address