This might not be Illustrator's fault but it seems to be the only app affected.
On opening artwork containing foreign characters (, , etc) in Helvetica, Illustrator can't seem to read those characters properly and replaces them with others. It's only a problem on our studio mac as the same files open fine on the office PC's, and the only solution we've found has been to convert all the text to Helvetica Neu on the PC before being able to open on the Mac. As nearly all of our 1200 odd artwork files are in Helvetica, this is becoming a bit of a pain!

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.