Professional Web Applications Themes

Here's a CCD for camera mfg.s to use - Photography

Instead of looking for the traditional camera accessories, companies like Canon, Nikon, etc, should consider better quality CCDs as options to the cheap CCD/CMOS chips they use in base cameras. CCDs that provide better image quality, more accurate colour, no hot pixels or fewer, etc. In light of that, here is the CCD I suggest they adopt: [url]http://tinyurl.com/5jtzn[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Here's a CCD for camera mfg.s to use

    Instead of looking for the traditional camera
    accessories, companies like Canon, Nikon, etc,
    should consider better quality CCDs as options
    to the cheap CCD/CMOS chips they use in base
    cameras. CCDs that provide better image quality,
    more accurate colour, no hot pixels or fewer, etc.
    In light of that, here is the CCD I suggest they
    adopt:

    [url]http://tinyurl.com/5jtzn[/url]
    RichA Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Here's a CCD for camera mfg.s to use

    RichA wrote:
    > Instead of looking for the traditional camera
    > accessories, companies like Canon, Nikon, etc,
    > should consider better quality CCDs as options
    > to the cheap CCD/CMOS chips they use in base
    > cameras. CCDs that provide better image quality,
    > more accurate colour, no hot pixels or fewer, etc.
    > In light of that, here is the CCD I suggest they
    > adopt:
    >
    > [url]http://tinyurl.com/5jtzn[/url]
    The device you refer to is shy of 2 Mpix ... that won't fly these days, further
    it is quite small at 13.4 x 9.5 mm ... aimed at the P&S market, I suppose.

    CMOS has ready advantages including low heat buildup during exposure.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    --
    -- r.p.e.35mm user resource: [url]http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm[/url]
    -- r.p.d.slr-systems: [url]http://www.aliasimages.com/rpdslrsysur.htm[/url]

  3. #3

    "Alan Browne" <alan.brownefreelunchVideotron.ca> wrote in message
    > RichA wrote:
    >
    >> Instead of looking for the traditional camera
    >> accessories, companies like Canon, Nikon, etc,
    >> should consider better quality CCDs as options
    >> to the cheap CCD/CMOS chips they use in base
    >> cameras. CCDs that provide better image quality,
    >> more accurate colour, no hot pixels or fewer, etc.
    >> In light of that, here is the CCD I suggest they adopt:
    >>
    >> [url]http://tinyurl.com/5jtzn[/url]
    >
    > The device you refer to is shy of 2 Mpix ... that won't fly these days,
    > further it is quite small at 13.4 x 9.5 mm ... aimed at the P&S market, I
    > suppose.
    >
    > CMOS has ready advantages including low heat buildup during exposure.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Alan

    The text refers to an 11 mp sensor, the KAI-11000CM, but the sidebar is for
    the KAI-2001, which is the 1.9mp you mention. I wonder what the actual
    dimensions of the 11000 are?

    --
    Skip Middleton
    [url]http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com[/url]

    Skip M Guest

  4. #4

    Alan Browne wrote:
    > RichA wrote:
    >
    >> Instead of looking for the traditional camera
    >> accessories, companies like Canon, Nikon, etc,
    >> should consider better quality CCDs as options
    >> to the cheap CCD/CMOS chips they use in base
    >> cameras. CCDs that provide better image quality,
    >> more accurate colour, no hot pixels or fewer, etc.
    >> In light of that, here is the CCD I suggest they adopt:
    >>
    >> [url]http://tinyurl.com/5jtzn[/url]
    >

    > The device you refer to is shy of 2 Mpix ... that won't fly these days,
    > further it is quite small at 13.4 x 9.5 mm ... aimed at the P&S market,
    > I suppose.

    Oopps. Sorry, I fell into the sloppy page construction there! Kodak proving
    they are s again... show one sensor, spec another one and no way to see
    the spec of the 11000M. Guess it's a teaser.

    Cheers,
    Alan

  5. #5

  6. #6

    > Skip M wrote:
    SNIP
    >> The text refers to an 11 mp sensor, the KAI-11000CM, but the
    >> sidebar is for the KAI-2001, which is the 1.9mp you mention. I
    >> wonder what the actual dimensions of the 11000 are?
    >
    > Oopps. Sorry, I fell into the sloppy page construction there!
    > Kodak proving they are s again... show one sensor, spec
    > another one and no way to see the spec of the 11000M. Guess it's a
    > teaser.
    <http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digital/ccd/products/interline/KAI-11000CM/indexKAI-11000CM.jhtml?id=0.1.8.4.25&lc=en>
    should work better.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf Guest

  7. #7

    [url]http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digital/ccd/products/interline/KAI-11000CM/specifications.jhtml?id=0.1.8.4.25.4&lc=en[/url]

    > Cheers,
    > Alan
    >
    > --
    > -- r.p.e.35mm user resource: [url]http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm[/url]
    > -- r.p.d.slr-systems: [url]http://www.aliasimages.com/rpdslrsysur.htm[/url]
    > -- [SI] gallery & rulz: [url]http://www.pbase.com/shootin[/url]
    > -- e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.
    Crownfield Guest

  8. #8

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:55:36 -0800, Crownfield <Crownfieldcox.net>
    wrote:
    >Alan Browne wrote:
    >>
    >> Alan Browne wrote:

    >> > The device you refer to is shy of 2 Mpix ... that won't fly these days,
    >> > further it is quite small at 13.4 x 9.5 mm ... aimed at the P&S market,
    >> > I suppose.
    >>
    >> Oopps. Sorry, I fell into the sloppy page construction there! Kodak proving
    >> they are s again... show one sensor, spec another one and no way to see
    >> the spec of the 11000M. Guess it's a teaser.
    >
    >[url]http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digital/ccd/products/interline/KAI-11000CM/specifications.jhtml?id=0.1.8.4.25.4&lc=en[/url]
    >

    >> Cheers,
    >> Alan
    One camera it's used in is made by a company called, SBIG. It's a
    digital camera aimed at the astronomical market. The first "serious"
    colour astro camera since most astronomical shots are done in black
    and white with three filters and combined to form a true colour
    image. Colour fidelity on consumer cameras is too inaccurate for good
    astronomical work but they seem to think this
    chip is a good one for one-shot colour.
    -Rich
    RichA Guest

  9. #9

    Bart van der Wolf wrote:
    > <http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digital/ccd/products/interline/KAI-11000CM/indexKAI-11000CM.jhtml?id=0.1.8.4.25&lc=en>
    > should work better.
    Thanks. At first blush a winner. Numbers are close, but don't match the Canon
    1Ds specification (which is CMOS IAC).

    Maybe the Maxxum 9D will have this! (put your rumor detector on high here)

    Cheers,
    Alan

  10. #10

    "Bart van der Wolf" <bvdwolfno.spam> wrote in message

    > "Alan Browne" <alan.brownefreelunchVideotron.ca> wrote in message
    >> Skip M wrote:
    > SNIP
    >>> The text refers to an 11 mp sensor, the KAI-11000CM, but the sidebar is
    >>> for the KAI-2001, which is the 1.9mp you mention. I wonder what the
    >>> actual dimensions of the 11000 are?
    >>
    >> Oopps. Sorry, I fell into the sloppy page construction there! Kodak
    >> proving they are s again... show one sensor, spec another one and
    >> no way to see the spec of the 11000M. Guess it's a teaser.
    >
    > <http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digital/ccd/products/interline/KAI-11000CM/indexKAI-11000CM.jhtml?id=0.1.8.4.25&lc=en>
    > should work better.
    >
    > Bart

    Why wouldn't Kodak use this in one of their own cameras? It sounds superior
    to what they're using in the 14/n/c...

  11. #11

    Skip M wrote:

    >><http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digital/ccd/products/interline/KAI-11000CM/indexKAI-11000CM.jhtml?id=0.1.8.4.25&lc=en>
    >>should work better.
    >>
    >>Bart
    >>

    > Why wouldn't Kodak use this in one of their own cameras? It sounds superior
    > to what they're using in the 14/n/c...
    Good point. Negligeable loss of res. Possibly better performance. Although
    from what I read the SLR/c and /n are doing quite well (performance wise) v. the
    original 14/n. You still need to put on the A-A and microlenses to get the real
    performance.

    Cheers,
    Alan