Hi

I need to write a little Windows utility in C++ to retrieve data from a
mysql database that belongs to a Linux backup program called Bacula. The
data I am getting via the ODBC driver consists of hex values where I would
have expected a character string e.g. instead of Abcd I get 41626364.
Performing a query on the Linux machine returns the ASCII strings as
expected. The problem is something to do with Unicode/ASCII I expect but I
can't find out how to deal with it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

TIA

Graham er